Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events For All Games
Personally, my biggest challenge is time. First finding the time to navigate the process from awareness to understanding about the events and how they work. This process has taken several months for me and I'm not quite yet to full understanding. Then there is the challenge of time to participate. One of the biggest benefits of VZfit to me is that when a window of opportunity opens, I can jump on my bike and ride anywhere or play a game. In either case, VZfit provides the mental distraction to ride a stationary bike 30-60 minutes making the time seem much shorter. So step 1 is awareness, 2 is understanding and 3 is getting people's attention (like mine) through effective notification. This forum does not get my attention unless I come looking like this morning. I would recommend some mechanism that allows people to choose their notification of choice to get their attention. It may already exist and I simply haven't crossed achieved awareness : )
I agree with others that fewer and maybe weekly vs monthly would be better and get more people involved.
We've added recurring head-to-head events for four games, for those that want to show their domination or just meet some friends over a 2 hr period every week. Smile
The four games are

Le Tour: Tuesdays 8-10 PM Eastern
Gate Race: Wednesdays 8-10 PM Eastern
Curvy Race: Thursdays 8-10 PM Eastern
Thunderbowl: Fridays 8-10 PM Eastern (beginning tomorrow!)

Note your total head-to-head wins per game appear on your stats page. Get out there and win one for the gipper!
Also event results are grouped by month in the Completed section of the Events page, and loading the Events page is now much faster, both thanks to our new web programming guru Ike!
That sounds great, but the timing for the events for me is really bad. I get up at 4am to be at work at 5 AM. 8 PM is the time usually I try to go to bed :-(.
Would it be possible to extend it at least from 6 PM
At any rate if you exercise intense cardio just before going to bed , then cannot fall asleep for another hour at least.
Need to chill down :-)
Hey Superlith,

Will chat about it Monday. The goal was to try to keep a tighter window so people can find matches but I can see why extending it a couple hours earlier may be a good idea! Also getting up at 4 am?! Oi much sympathy!
Hey Superlithe,

We are going to try these times for this set of events and then try to move them up and down a few hours to see engagement levels and how they are impacted.  As we adjust those widows of usage we should overlap your evening play times.
Thanks for responding so quickly and being sensitive to our needs. I’m doing Virzoom for over two years now and on old system we used to have a lot of activity in the battle matches at 6 PM or so. I don’t think it is too early to start from 6 PM. Looking forward for next release.

It used to be so much fun also when you just play against the artificial intelligence and somebody live joins. Then real competition starts. Just gives a lot of excitement. I don’t mind and I did not mind somebody interrupting my routine exercise that way. Sad it is not available anymore.
(08-23-2019, 03:13 AM)emalafeew Wrote: We've added recurring head-to-head events for four games, for those that want to show their domination or just meet some friends over a 2 hr period every week.  Smile
The four games are

Le Tour: Tuesdays 8-10 PM Eastern
Gate Race: Wednesdays 8-10 PM Eastern
Curvy Race: Thursdays 8-10 PM Eastern
Thunderbowl: Fridays 8-10 PM Eastern (beginning tomorrow!)

Note your total head-to-head wins per game appear on your stats page.  Get out there and win one for the gipper!

The only issue I find with this is that if I am doing the monthly events , I don't want to stop or switch from them to do the weekly head to head events.  Should have one or the other available, but not both.  That is at least until you have a much larger player base.
Agree the current approach does not focus activity like we may need for smaller user base. An option could be going back to one game at a time for solo cumulative score, together with the weekly head-to-head events. And widening or shifting their time window to accommodate Superlith who's great head-to-head.

The solo events for all games were just renewed for the month of September, but we could cut them short if this seems like the right move. There were some good solo competitions in all games last month, but could grow back into that as userbase climbs.