Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Events For All Games
We're changing things up for the month of July, by creating an event for every Play game!  

Your cumulative score by the end of the month gives you bragging rights and everlasting recognition on the vzfit.com/events page.

If people like this, we'll do it every month.  We're also thinking about making regular head-to-head events for certain days of the week, for instance Thunderbowl Thursdays.
I think it is very good idea. That is what propels us forward.
There should be some kind of competition. Of coarse for the people who like it. Good option to have !
If monthly events don’t work, then we could do weekly.
It is important to keep the adrenaline going.
Ah, I wish my work schedule wasn't so packed / leaving me so exhausted lately; if I had the time or energy I'd definitely be shooting for a place on those leaderboards. Seems like a neat idea, regardless!
Only 7 minutes left!

Winterstan, Thunderbowl, and Jailbreak are neck-and-neck for top scores
The July Events are in the books!

Here are some meta-stats:
  • Officespaced topped 4 of the events: Jailbreak, Oval Race, River Run, and Thunderbowl

• spyder17 played in all 9 events, and in 6 events placed in the top 3. BakerBiker came next playing 7 events.

• The closest match for top spot was in Jailbreak, with only a 500 point difference between Officespaced and spyder17.

Congrats to everyone that participated! There was some real competition for standings so we've reset all the events for August. Note everyone who participated in a event should get an email with the final standings.
I've not had time to consider participating as of yet.  Are these head to head competitions?
These have all been solo, but we talked about making weekly head-to-head competitions on certain days, like Thunderbowl Thursday. That'll be easier with automatic rescheduling so we don't have to add them manually every week!
I’m not sure if monthly events is the best way to do it. Weekly events used to work very well in the old Virzoom system. Monthly is just too long. Losing dynamics. Why don’t we try next month do weekly and see how it works.

I also miss sprint option of Gem hunt. The one that is an old system.
You have only 10 minutes to do the most points as you can. You have to push very hard to score well.
10, 20, 30, 45 minutes options it’s just boring. It is like running a marathon. I miss some speed!
Just wondering why there are only a handful of riders that take part in the events. Are they open to everyone who is a member or is there something in the way they have their profile set that they don't show up? The member list has close to two thousand names and it would seem like there would be more participants.
The forum member list includes prepopulated VZfit accounts for original VirZOOM Bike owners. The number of active VZfit users is climbing but not enough to fill out Events for every game, and we don't think that's bad. People who want to compete for high scores can use them, but more private people may choose to stay out, and many are in Explorer which doesn't have Events yet. Having fewer Events like before would focus competition, so the question for competitive players is whether that's better.