Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on VZfit Play
The designer of River Run, Rob, says it is intentional that there are no enemies in the first sub-section after you die and restart a section, to give the player some breathing room. Does this sound like what everyone is seeing? Rob couldn't reproduce the "turrets don't shoot or drop their shields after you die" otherwise.

Also he notes we removed boats for mobile VR performance reasons. PC players will remember how hectic things can get at higher levels with boats and so many turrets shooting rapidly at you. It may be okay to turn these back on for Quest-only, since they add as much dying risk and scoring opportunity to remain fair against Go players on leaderboards.
Did a run last night and the first couple shields that I normally pass after dying won't go down. I just pass by them and within a few they start working. Also, is at all possible, please add boats back for Quest. Also it might be nice to add some other random enemies (ie maybe a plane, tank or other type item). Gets really boring after an hour or so on the river. The enemies don't have to move, just something different to shoot at every now and then. Even better would be a fortress somewhere along the river (maybe every 10 sections) that is guarded by a whole bunch of targets with an extra bonus target that is visible when you destroy all the regular one. This would really give you an incentive to have something to reach.
For me, the turrets would all be there, they just wouldn't shoot at me or lower their shields until... I'd say at least halfway to the next level marker?

Update: Did a 45-minute session just now, and died a couple times during it. After the first death, there were no turrets at all for a while, and when they did start appearing they functioned normally. But after the second time, I experienced the non-shooting turrets. It's almost unnerving when they DON'T shoot, because I keep expecting them to suddenly change their mind and drop their shields while I'm flying past. Tongue I wonder what the difference was, between the two instances?

And yeah, if you could find some compromise to allow bringing back the boats I'd really like that. Even if the boats just sit in one place on the river and do a more simplified attack (For example, maybe same as the turrets, but in salvos of two or three shots in short succession?) it would still provide variety.

Other new types of enemy / obstacle / target would be great, too. The more variety, the more fun and engaging it all feels! (That applies to the Tank game, as well)
Thanks, we've added "more enemy types to Heli & Tank the higher the levels go" and "Readd boats depending on Go & Quest performance" to our backlog!
Yes. In my experience on River Run there is a short stretch of easy flying, just after running out of fuel.

I know this all too well. Ha!

Another River Run observation. Wondering if it may be possible to adjust the targeting angle such that a rider can maintain more of a forward head lean (natural riding stance) while still targeting turrets above the helicopter.

As it is now I tend to crane my neck upward a bit to achieve targeting on higher positioned turrets. This leads to a bouncier targeting and inevitable ascension.

Not a huge deal. Just an observation.

Thanks for the live contest. Loving it.
In thunderbowl this morning with giant mech I could not shoot tanks on the left hand side. Shots explode close to mech in the air. I remember somebody wrote about that before. It happens from 6 to about 11 a clock radius on the left. Right side is ok. When you activate the redeye rapid shooting there is no problem shooting any direction, it fixes that. But when it goes back to regular shooting problem returns.

Another issue is that aiming is much slower now than before. It takes much longer time to get there green dashes to align. It makes the Mech of very little advantage over tank.
Balance between tank and Mech on old system was just perfect.

On the other hand thank you for fixing previous problem with shooting from very far angle from the Mech. Shots are coming much closer from there Mech now.

Thanks for fixing also adding the 100 bonus points after you collect all gems. It shows immediately now.

Is it possible to make amunition display on the Mech better visible. Many times you can not see it now. For instants tank ammunition you can see very well now and it is much better than on previous versions.

This morning also tried gem hunt Pegasus. I’m using oculus quest. It doesn’t dive if you lean forward. The only way to navigate is the same way I was on oculus go bike pedaling faster or slower you will go up or down. Diving is fixed on Heli game, can we fix it on Pegasus?
(06-08-2019, 12:02 PM)Superlith Wrote: In thunderbowl this morning with giant mech I could not shoot tanks on the left hand side. Shots explode close to mech in the air. I remember somebody wrote about that before. It happens from 6 to about 11 a clock radius on the left. Right side is ok.  When you activate the redeye rapid shooting  there is no problem shooting any direction, it fixes that. But when it goes back to regular shooting problem returns.

Another issue is that aiming  is much slower now than  before. It takes much longer time to get there green dashes to align. It makes the Mech of very little advantage over tank.
Balance between tank and Mech on old system was just perfect.

On the other hand thank you for fixing previous problem with shooting from very far angle from the Mech.  Shots are coming much closer from there Mech now.

Thanks for fixing also adding the 100 bonus points  after you collect all gems. It shows immediately now.

Is it possible to make amunition display on the Mech better visible. Many times you can not see it now.  For instants tank ammunition you can see very well now and it is much better than on previous versions.

This morning also tried gem hunt Pegasus.  I’m using oculus quest.  It doesn’t dive if you lean forward.  The only way to navigate is the same way I was on oculus go  bike pedaling faster or slower you will go up or down.  Diving is fixed on Heli game, can we fix it on Pegasus?

We're fixing Mech shooting on left side in next build.  We'll check on the aiming speed and repositioning its ammo counter.

The Pegasus can only dive from a glide, so you have to let go of the flying button.  It should work fine on Quest then.
On old Virzoom you can maintain a good speed, continue pedal and still go up and down or to the sides. Now you have to essentially stop peddling when you need to dive. Losing time on dive. Simple dive maneuver interrupts peddling and decreases speed.

On old Virzoom you can maintain a good speed, continue pedal and still go up and down or to the sides. Now you have to essentially stop peddling when you need to dive. Losing time on dive. Simple dive maneuver interrupts peddling and decreases speed.
You can keep pedaling fast when diving, you just have to let go of the A button (right trigger on Bike) to stop flapping your wings.

It was this way for the first couple of years on the original game too, but near its end we allowed diving while flapping to make it work better with buttons on the LifeCycle. The downside was that a lot of people reported they couldn't take off or climb fast enough, because they were unknowingly leaning forward while riding regulary. So we decided to change it back for VZfit and never got that complaint again.
I thought that when you let button A go peddling will not add any speed and you just glide down