Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand controller
I am unable to sync to the hand controller. I can get the oculus app to find the controller but when I click on it, the app says “something went wrong please try again”. Help please
It looks like you have a VZ Sensor Kit so are we talking about the thumb button? If you are having trouble pairing it as a gamepad with the Oculus phone app, try pairing it within your headset from Settings->Experimental->Bluetooth->Pair
I am sorry that you are having difficulty with pairing. Oculus appears to have made a change to their app recently that is causing this problem.

When you see the "Something went wrong" message the button is actually paired and if you put on the headset it will ask you to confirm that you want to pair to the device.

Confirm that in the headset and then it should be working well. Please give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

Alternatively, you could pair it directly in the headset as Eric said. Put the headset on and go to Settings > See All > Experimental Features > Bluetooth Pairing > Pair (on the right side)

This will scan for devices directly from the headset instead of using your phone as a facilitator. The only problem is that you may not see the name of the device. It may look like a hardware address. But give it a try and see if it shows up that way.
Thank you for the responses. My headset shows it is connected to the thumb button but I can’t get the buttons to work?? I’m having to use the normal oculus hand controller. Could I have a bad thumb button controller??
I am having the same issue. I am able to pair my controller with my phone, oculus app on mobile, and the headset in experimental features within headset. When I tap on the buttons, I see a blue flash to indicate it's on. However, it's not controlling the VZFit app in headset. Any suggestions?
Hey Meli,
Best bet here is to send a message to support so they can go through each step you have tried and go from there.

What I would recommend prior to that is to unpair the thumb controller from everything. Take the battery out to reset it. Then try pairing it using only the Experimental features in the headset. If it pairs correctly the left and right buttons should change the volume on the headset even if you are not in our games.
Honestly, as someone who is not tech savvy you all are talking Greek.  Where do you find "settings"?  Is this on the occulus app?  Headset?  VZFit?  What do you mean by the experimental features in the head set and how do you find that?
(06-27-2020, 01:13 AM)Jessboston Wrote: Honestly, as someone who is not tech savvy you all are talking Greek.  Where do you find "settings"?  Is this on the occulus app?  Headset?  VZFit?  What do you mean by the experimental features in the head set and how do you find that?

Settings and experimental features are in the Oculus headset.
Good morning.

Having similar challenges with respect to controller connectivity.

My phone indicates, via Oculus app, that headset IS connected to controller. The wand controller allows for screen manipulation so seems functional.

The thumb control pad flashes blue, controls volume in headset by left/right thumb buttons, and also responds to “press A to connect” prompt.

However, once I press A, and cycle the crank (and associated vzfit crank bluetooth sensor), nothing happens. No message, just spinning the pedals and no connection. Typically I would see the headset centering function pop up and I’d begin to ride. I do not see this centering function or any other indication/messaging.

I have inserted new batteries into both of the vzfit sensors and also tried the experimental pairing algorithm suggested in this thread.

Might I need a new vzfit crank sensor? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.
(07-02-2020, 12:16 PM)GPz4e3D Wrote: Good morning.

Having similar challenges with respect to controller connectivity.

My phone indicates, via Oculus app, that headset IS connected to controller. The wand controller allows for screen manipulation so seems functional.

The thumb control pad flashes blue, controls volume in headset by left/right thumb buttons, and also responds to “press A to connect” prompt.

However, once I press A, and cycle the crank (and associated vzfit crank bluetooth sensor), nothing happens. No message, just spinning the pedals and no connection. Typically I would see the headset centering function pop up and I’d begin to ride. I do not see this centering function or any other indication/messaging.

I have inserted new batteries into both of the vzfit sensors and also tried the experimental pairing algorithm suggested in this thread.

Might I need a new vzfit crank sensor? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

So, after you press A to connect the thumb button, you are seeing "PEDAL TO CONNECT VZ SENSOR" forever even though you are pedaling?

The issue seems to be with the crank sensor only then, not the thumb button or any of its related pairing.  

Just to be sure, is your crank sensor mounted vertically on your crank?  When you rotate the crank faster than 90 deg/s do you see its flashing green led?  Can you connect if you rotate it in your hand the same way?