Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Install - Pedals move but bike won't travel
I just installed my sensors and software today for VIRZoom on Oculus QUEST.

I successfully installed my sensor and button kit, paired to my Oculus headset and app, etc. I installed the apps and got them launched. I did the 90 degree rotation thing on my crank sensor - the light on it blinks blue as it should according to the documentation provided with the kit - so it appears to be recognized..

When I go into VzExplorer, I select a suggested ride... I pick Sedona, AZ and I get a very nice display of a AZ highway in my headset. Problem - no matter how hard I pedal, my "virtual bike" will not move forward one bit. I know my sensor works because my "virtual bike" shows my crankset rotating in proportion to the speed of my pedalling on my actual stationary bike.... When I activate a  "virtual trainer/riding coach" on this ride, the trainer is visible and moves forward and tells me to "pick it up" as they pedal ahead leaving me standing stationary at the start of the ride.. I pedal hard and move try to catch up to trainer - my "virtual bike" remains at the starting position for my selected ride, while the trainer proceeds along the route.

What do I need to do to get my "virtual bike" moving when I pedal? 

I see no menu options to formally "start" the selected ride and let me pedal forward in the headset scene. I seem to have a virtual bike with no drive chain!!

Thanks
Hey Viewfromspace,

Welcome aboard!  Just checked and support should be reaching out to you in the next few minutes. You should start moving forward automatically when you pedal so something fishy is going on!
I am having the same issue on fresh install. Headset is Oculus Quest. VZ Play works fine but explorer does not. Tried two routes plus created one none of them worked forward or reverse.
We've been unable to reproduce this so would appreciate your help in diagnosing!

1. Do you see white dots (every 30' or so) ahead of you in Explorer?
2. When you lean left and right to steer while pedaling, does your biker avatar rotate in that direction or not?
3. Do you see your bike avatar pedaling when you do (we think so based on your telemetry)
4. Can you confirm you aren't in "Comfort Mode" on the Options menu?
(09-11-2019, 03:12 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We've been unable to reproduce this so would appreciate your help in diagnosing!

2. When you lean left and right to steer while pedaling, does your biker avatar rotate in that direction or not?
3. Do you see your bike avatar pedaling when you do (we think so based on your telemetry)

I have the same problem. I either cannot move at all, or move just a few feet then bike stops although pedals keep rotating. Once I was able to turn around and go in the opposite direction for several miles, but then symptoms reappeared and bike would not move despite pedal rotating.
(09-29-2019, 04:55 PM)billydwolf Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 03:12 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We've been unable to reproduce this so would appreciate your help in diagnosing!

I have the same problem.   I either cannot move at all, or move just a few feet then bike stops although pedals keep rotating.   Once I was able to turn around and go in the opposite direction for several miles, but then symptoms reappeared and bike would not move despite pedal rotating.

Hi can you tell us about #1 and #2 the next time this happens?
Hello! I'm adding a "me too" to this issue.

My husband and I wanted to ride together.  I was in Explorer (using Oculus Go) and he jumped in on his Oculus Quest.  We saw each other, but like the OP said, it was like a bike without a chain.  I could see his avatar pedaling without moving, and he could see me circling around him, but he couldn't move.  To answer your questions above:

1. I jumped off of my Go and on to his Quest.  There were no white dots ahead in Explorer.
  2. Leaning left to right to steer while pedaling didn't work.  I am very familiar with this, often when I am riding I will "run out" of white dots; they just end.  I have to lean from one side to another and after a few seconds I'm right back on track with a trail of white dots.  A couple times when this has happened I've ridden into oblivion (the blue screen) but then after a couple seconds I ride right back out on to the white dots.  
  3. Yes, I can see the bike pedaling beneath me.
  4. I have never toggled the "Comfort Mode" in the Options menu but I will give it a try.
I've used Explorer on the Quest in the past without problems, but this happened when he jumped in through Matchups with me.

UPDATE: The Comfort Mode is off.
Thanks that's very helpful. The lack of white dots for him sounds like the core problem. We've encountered a few reasons for this that I've fixed, but it may be time to try a very different approach to looking them up that should fix all cases. I should be able to try that next week, after wrapping up Play build improvements this week.
I also have the same issues. I just tried and no movement regardless of how fast I pedal. I did move a few feet then, just stopped. I have tried with and without a trainer, my trainer moves ahead but I do not. I have checked the items you listed below. any fix for this? I was really looking forward to putting some miles on up the Going to the Sun Highway.
Hi do you see white dots in front of you?

If not, we are planning an alternate way to load those dots (which represent new world views you can move to) in the next Explorer update.

If you are seeing white dots and still aren't moving, please let us know!