Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
(05-23-2019, 10:23 PM)emalafeew Wrote: I know we have a lot of new users, tell us about yourself!

Here's something new about me: I've owned 4 motorcycles and was the lead programmer of EA Supercross 2000!  If you ride motorcycles you may feel the similarity of Virzoom, and if you like Virzoom you may like motorcycles Smile.  We've made a motorcycle prototype for Virzoom but have focused on more comfortable experiences first.

Im in the thunderdome matchup in a giant transformer type guy but I feel like I'm hobbled - I can't hit anything on my left side - I shoot but the rockets explode almost immediately after firing.  I'm also wondering if my legs are messed up - my right leg in particular seems out of socket and drags... Ugh. Can I go back to being a tank?
Yes, just uncheck the Mech upgrade button in the main shell. We'll look into shooting extreme left after the event.
I've been on the forums for a couple weeks now, so it's high time I introduced myself.

My name's Kevin, and I've been a VirZOOM Arcade user on PSVR on and off for a little over a year. In late March this year, I really buckled down put together a whole solution with VirZOOM as my primary fitness component. Together with nutrition tracking, activity tracking, a smart scale to track progress, and a renewed double-shot of dedication and resolve, I was off to the races!

Two months in, I'd lost about 25 lbs. Let me tell you, the motivation from seeing the weight coming consistently and constantly off is amazing. Because of this progress, I decided to make the leap to VZfit in order keep the momentum going. I pre-ordered an Oculus Quest, and bought the sensor kit and a spin bike. Not a cheap upgrade, but in the two weeks since switching, I'm down 6.5 more lbs. more for a total loss of 31.5 lbs in 72 days.

The knock-on effects have been great, too: Clothes that I had gotten too big for fit me again. My blood pressure, which had consistently measured elevated to high, now measures normal. I don't get short of breath when I bend over to tie my shoes or when I climb a flight or two of stairs.

My initial average weight loss rate was half a pound a day, though that's beginning to slow a little as I'm reaching my goal weight. To say that VirZOOM has been critical to the success that I've had is no understatement. I'll literally have my summer body in time for this summer!

Anyway, hello, everyone!
Very impressive Surfous! Looking forward to continue seeing you all on the leaderboards and virtual space. You are a good example for others.
Great story surfous, we’re thrilled to support your effort!
Hi. My name is Steven. I've been using the vzfit explorer and play for just about a week now via the Oculus Quest at several LA Fitness using my own mobile hotspot. It's totally awesome and unique. I cant wait till the vzfit explorer improves since it looks very distorted. I know VR Fitness is in its infancy stage. Let's start a Facebook group for VR fitness or perhaps a private messaging group via Discord.
(08-15-2019, 06:06 PM)Tercelman Wrote: Hi. My name is Steven. I've been using the vzfit explorer and play for just about a week now via the Oculus Quest at several LA Fitness using my own mobile hotspot. It's totally awesome and unique. I cant wait till the vzfit explorer improves since it looks very distorted. I know VR Fitness is in its infancy stage. Let's start a Facebook group for VR fitness or perhaps a private messaging group via Discord.

Hey Steven!

We have several users who also use it at the gym, I would recommend grabbing one of the carry cases that Oculus makes. It easily fits the headset controllers and our sensor and controller. 

We have a facebook group already your welcome to join!  We are looking at a setting up a Discord just need to have a quick conversation with them and determine if there are more users interested.

FACEBOOK GROUP

Welcome aboard!
(08-15-2019, 08:03 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 06:06 PM)Tercelman Wrote: Hi. My name is Steven. I've been using the vzfit explorer and play for just about a week now via the Oculus Quest at several LA Fitness using my own mobile hotspot. It's totally awesome and unique. I cant wait till the vzfit explorer improves since it looks very distorted. I know VR Fitness is in its infancy stage. Let's start a Facebook group for VR fitness or perhaps a private messaging group via Discord.

Hey Steven!

We have several users who also use it at the gym, I would recommend grabbing one of the carry cases that Oculus makes. It easily fits the headset controllers and our sensor and controller. 

We have a facebook group already your welcome to join!  We are looking at a setting up a Discord just need to have a quick conversation with them and determine if there are more users interested.

FACEBOOK GROUP

Welcome aboard!

I am interested in a Discord. Already using it to discuss all things VR.
Hi everyone. My name is Mary Ellen and I use the VZFit for physical therapy. I have a recumbent bike in my home that I use with my Oculus Go and VZFit device. VZFit has made all the difference in not only my enjoyment in performing my physical therapy, but in my steadily increased health! I love my VZFit setup and already got one friend to purchase her own setup.  We now call each other on the telephone (using a headset) and coordinate our location in the Explorer app which allows us to do a virtual ride together. Love, love, love VZFit!
(11-24-2019, 09:15 AM)MaryEllen Wrote: Hi everyone. My name is Mary Ellen and I use the VZFit for physical therapy. I have a recumbent bike in my home that I use with my Oculus Go and VZFit device. VZFit has made all the difference in not only my enjoyment in performing my physical therapy, but in my steadily increased health! I love my VZFit setup and already got one friend to purchase her own setup.  We now call each other on the telephone (using a headset) and coordinate our location in the Explorer app which allows us to do a virtual ride together. Love, love, love VZFit!

Are you and your friend using the Explorer multiplayer feature for this?  You can talk to each other directly in the game once your on the ride together rather than using the phone!  This blog post explains how to get it up and running:  https://virzoom.com/blog/explorer-multiplayer-is-here/

Glad your enjoying it!  Happy spins!