Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Match Ups on Explorer
I really like the ability to do match ups on Explorer although I find a lot of people have their microphones turned off.... I'm wondering if this is purposeful or if they just don't know about the chat feature. I've been able to connect with a few people and I find it really enhances the experience and often am chatting with someone in another country, which is very cool. I feel like it would be great to arrange rides ahead of time and "meet up"... is there any way to do this? Perhaps just by posting on here...

Jim
When we enabled matchups by default we disabled the microphone by default. This makes it easier to find people but as you mentioned many are not aware they could chat.

As far as arranging times to ride with folks I would recommend the Facebook group it's very active and you may find someone who's riding time lines up with yours.
(10-19-2020, 10:30 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: When we enabled matchups by default we disabled the microphone by default.  This makes it easier to find people but as you mentioned many are not aware they could chat.

As far as arranging times to ride with folks I would recommend the Facebook group it's very active and you may find someone who's riding time lines up with yours.

one more thing... If their microphone is turned off, do they still hear you? If they don't, then how are they ever going to figure out that they can chat?
(10-20-2020, 01:52 PM)JimHenry57 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 10:30 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: When we enabled matchups by default we disabled the microphone by default.  This makes it easier to find people but as you mentioned many are not aware they could chat.

one more thing... If their microphone is turned off, do they still hear you? If they don't, then how are they ever going to figure out that they can chat?

If their Voice Chat flag is off, then they do not hear you.  Only when both player's flags are on can they hear each other.  That dual purposing of the flag is what makes it "safe" for random people to connect to you.  

To deal with the problem you point out, when either player connects without Voice Chat on, they currently see a popup message "To talk with other player, enable your Voice Chat option."
If I may add some feedback to the shared rides -- JimHenry joined me on a ride today, which was a nice surprise. What happened after he left though was an inability to turn my trainer back on. I had to exit Explorer all together and start a new ride for the ability to turn the trainer back on. 

That said, other than that, I really liked the experience of a shared ride. It's definitely different.

Happy riding!

Eric
(10-24-2020, 08:00 PM)llirge24 Wrote: If I may add some feedback to the shared rides -- JimHenry joined me on a ride today, which was a nice surprise. What happened after he left though was an inability to turn my trainer back on. I had to exit Explorer all together and start a new ride for the ability to turn the trainer back on. 

That said, other than that, I really liked the experience of a shared ride. It's definitely different.

Happy riding!

Eric

We'll repro and fix that, thanks!
Thank you!