Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to turn off the coins?
After being too busy to use my bike for a couple of weeks, I was really disappointed to see that my ride through the countryside has now been gamified with coins and special ca-ching sound effects.

I would very much appreciate a way of turning that off.  The explorer was such a nice clean experience compared to the other app with the games.

If there isn't, is there a way to roll my Quest back to version from July?

Thanks.
(08-29-2020, 12:58 AM)apLundell Wrote: After being too busy to use my bike for a couple of weeks, I was really disappointed to see that my ride through the countryside has now been gamified with coins and special ca-ching sound effects.

I would very much appreciate a way of turning that off.  The explorer was such a nice clean experience compared to the other app with the games.

If there isn't, is there a way to roll my Quest back to version from July?

Thanks.

You can turn off the path. It will turn off the dots and the "coins" although they still show up in the HUD display and you will still hear the "ca-ching" sound.
Hi, I really hate this annoying and noisy catching coins sound too. If developer will be able to add option to mute this new sound, it would be really great. Thanks!.

Best Wishes
Daniel
I agree with this.  I take the rides through various vacation sites from my past.  Not interested in this be a game like ride.  Should be a way to turn this off.
I'm indifferent to the coins but really, how hard is it to just ignore them? They're not any more intrusive than the white dots in my opinion.
We'll mute the sound if you turn off the path in our next build. We understand the desire by some players to be fully immersed, and Kenny Rogers did say to never count your money while you're sittin at the table.
Thanks!
My three penny worth for what it matters. I like the coins, not that I have a need for them but they do count off the km so I know how far I have cycled. I find it interesting that ou have to travel close to them to collect. Sometimes I have pedaled past and not collected. If you look back its still there, and yes I have pedaled backward to collect (how sad is that!!!).
(09-19-2020, 02:29 PM)RonBird Wrote: My three penny worth for what it matters. I like the coins, not that I have a need for them but they do count off the km so I know how far I have cycled. I find it interesting that ou have to travel close to them to collect. Sometimes I have pedaled past and not collected. If you look back its still there, and yes I have pedaled backward to collect (how sad is that!!!).

In the latest build, maybe 10 days ago we fixed a bug where you had to run right through them.  Now you can go around them by up to 5 meters on each side, which is far we allow you from the dot path.  It still may be possible to miss them in tricky intersections, but let me know if this is your experience or we still have a problem.
(09-22-2020, 01:08 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 02:29 PM)RonBird Wrote: My three penny worth for what it matters. I like the coins, not that I have a need for them but they do count off the km so I know how far I have cycled. I find it interesting that ou have to travel close to them to collect. Sometimes I have pedaled past and not collected. If you look back its still there, and yes I have pedaled backward to collect (how sad is that!!!).

In the latest build, maybe 10 days ago we fixed a bug where you had to run right through them.  Now you can go around them by up to 5 meters on each side, which is far we allow you from the dot path.  It still may be possible to miss them in tricky intersections, but let me know if this is your experience or we still have a problem.

While on the subject of going back to collect coins, when occasionally the ride skips forward to a new location, which on my latest ride it had done about three times in 20 min ;-) if you stop and look back, which I have learned to do, sometimes you see you have skipped over a coin. Yes. I do go back to collect!! Only because I now measure how far I have traveled in km coins rather than cycles.
If 1 km equals a 10 peice coin how come there is a unit number? So the total number reads 20847 rather than the last digit always being a zero? best r