Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
VRFS: Badwater - USA
BADWATER – DEATH VALLEY USA 143 MILES
The Badwater 135 is often referred to as “The World’s Toughest Foot Race” and takes place in one of the hottest places on Earth; Death Valley. While we couldn’t ride the entire race route, we did our best to capture the spirit of the event. It is the longest route of the adventure pack and a true challenge to finish during the time window.
[Image: Badwater_elevation_sign.jpg]

Find out more about Badwater at the Race Website, or by watching the amazing documentary Running on the Sun on YouTube.
I don't think this map gets enough love. Sure... it isn't surrounded by cliffs or water features... but if you are looking for a map that looks great on "country mode" a map that you can just ride for miles and miles without too many distractions... this is the map for you! There is a bit of diversity of the landscape and there are some interesting features and rock formations as your ride. This is a map where you can put your headphones on... put your head down... and spin ride for miles and miles until your heart is content.
Smile 
(08-25-2020, 04:32 AM)Shon_T Wrote: I don't think this map gets enough love. Sure... it isn't surrounded by cliffs or water features... but if you are looking for a map that looks great on "country mode" a map that you can just ride for miles and miles without too many distractions... this is the map for you! There is a bit of diversity of the landscape and there are some interesting features and rock formations as your ride. This is a map where you can put your headphones on... put your head down... and spin ride for miles and miles until your heart is content.

Yesss! Exactly what I am doing. Love this ride. Not sure I'll be able to finish it before the Tournament ends, though...  Smile
I actually loved this ride. I pretty much like to ride exclusively in country mode, and this route is like the king of country mode rides. There is almost zero distortion, making it feel like you are there. I could almost feel the heat. It did get a bit long, but I listened to an audiobook, and the miles flew by.