Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
Hi everyone!

I'm Steve in Michigan. I've had a VirZoom bike since the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I upgraded to VZfit in December, but couldn't get an Oculus Quest until just recently. Got everything set up over the past week and started playing with it last night. I like the changes to the tank games. Everything else looks pretty similar. Explorer looks very interesting, but I was too tired from the games to give it a honest try.

I've been just hand holding the button, because there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach it on the VirZoom bike. Seems to work alright that way.

One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve
(06-01-2020, 01:41 AM)drsteve Wrote: One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve

Welcome back Steve!  

You can exit Explorer from its More menu, and Play from its Options menu.  Home button on the Oculus hand controller will also take you back.
(06-01-2020, 01:41 AM)drsteve Wrote: Hi everyone!

I'm Steve in Michigan. I've had a VirZoom bike since the beginning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I upgraded to VZfit in December, but couldn't get an Oculus Quest until just recently. Got everything set up over the past week and started playing with it last night. I like the changes to the tank games. Everything else looks pretty similar. Explorer looks very interesting, but I was too tired from the games to give it a honest try.

I've been just hand holding the button, because there doesn't seem to be a good place to attach it on the VirZoom bike. Seems to work alright that way.

One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve

I'm curious, does your original bike no longer work? You don't need a vzfit for the quest, your original bike will (should) work natively.
(06-01-2020, 08:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 01:41 AM)drsteve Wrote: One question: how do I close out of VZfit to get back to the Oculus Quest home menu? I can close VZfit, but it only goes back to the VZfit start page. I have to restart the Quest to get back to the main menu.

Steve

Welcome back Steve!  

You can exit Explorer from its More menu, and Play from its Options menu.  Home button on the Oculus hand controller will also take you back.
The Oculus hand controller seemed to be inactive once I started in Play or Explorer. I'll look into that next time. Thanks!

(06-01-2020, 10:29 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I'm curious, does your original bike no longer work? You don't need a vzfit for the quest, your original bike will (should) work natively.

The original VirZoom bike will work with the Quest? Is there a guide somewhere on how to set that up? It would be more convenient.
It has been awhile don't think I had to do any special setup. Just turned on the bike and pedaled forward when told. I'm not sure if there might be some special steps if you've already paired a vzfit though. Maybe one of the VZ guys can help.

The other nice thing about it is that if you own the original bike it comes with a lifetime membership, I'm sorry to tell you that you did not need to be paying membership fees this whole time!
(06-02-2020, 12:42 AM)drsteve Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 08:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote:

Steve

Welcome back Steve!  

The Oculus hand controller seemed to be inactive once I started in Play or Explorer. I'll look into that next time. Thanks!

(06-01-2020, 10:29 PM)Stain2319 Wrote: I'm curious, does your original bike no longer work? You don't need a vzfit for the quest, your original bike will (should) work natively.

The original VirZoom bike will work with the Quest? Is there a guide somewhere on how to set that up? It would be more convenient.

Shoot an email over to support and they can get you set up with your bike.
Joe here in Los Angeles County.  Just starting out.  This is great because I am easily bored when exercising and need something to make me interested to even start.  I wont last long if I can't get used to the motion sickness though.
(06-10-2020, 05:46 PM)joe Wrote: Joe here in Los Angeles County.  Just starting out.  This is great because I am easily bored when exercising and need something to make me interested to even start.  I wont last long if I can't get used to the motion sickness though.

Hi Joe,

I recently started with VZFit as well. I was also nauseous in the beginning. So I started the first week with just 10 minutes and gradually increased the time I was on the bike. Also a fan helped a great deal. I still do only the comfort mode games and explorer, but I haven't been nauseous since the first ride. 

So hang on, you will get used to it, just build it up gradually and a fan really helps!

Greetings, Hanne.
(06-11-2020, 06:23 PM)Hanne Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 05:46 PM)joe Wrote: Joe here in Los Angeles County.  Just starting out.  This is great because I am easily bored when exercising and need something to make me interested to even start.  I wont last long if I can't get used to the motion sickness though.

Hi Joe,

I recently started with VZFit as well. I was also nauseous in the beginning. So I started the first week with just 10 minutes and gradually increased the time I was on the bike. Also a fan helped a great deal. I still do only the comfort mode games and explorer, but I haven't been nauseous since the first ride. 

So hang on, you will get used to it, just build it up gradually and a fan really helps!

Greetings, Hanne.

Comfort Mode and a fan can help a lot, thanks for mentioning Hanne.  

If you want to go beyond Comfort Mode, you might try a third person rather than first person view, because its apparent motion is less, and there's less distortion nearer the Streetview camera recording's height.

You might also have luck with the Monoscopic Option which remove stereo depth perception.  Note that Comfort Mode enforces 3rd person and Monoscopic for these reasons.

A last thing to try if Country Mode doesn't feel great is City Mode, which paints a flat road over many kind of artifacts, and has non-moving geometry based on map data rather than each image.
I have been a quiet user cycling my way steadily through recommended routes and am now navigating my own way through the UK. I would like to say thank you for this technology and how it makes stationary cycling, which can be very dull, so much more interesting and even motivational. You look at the speed, the distance to go, the scenery, the country pubs, and all the while are building up all round body strength by getting that heart muscle pumping.

It is so nice to see the constant additions and improvements. In even the few months I have been using VZFIT, the number of added options is quite remarkable.

I am not so much of a game player at the moment. I guess it is because the world is such a big place and I find myself wanting to explore it all. I intend to stick around a long time, so time for everything. I am definitely getting stronger and healthier with regular cycling. The best thing is that unlike real cycling you don't have to get so far and then cycle all the way back home again. You just keep on going. I am a bit of a gamer too, so I guess the immersion factor also helps.

Keep up the good work VZFIT!