Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new builds are out
About half way through this ride (Gap of Dunloe, Ireland) had two different locations where the auto steer got stuck. Really tight curving road. Switched to lean steering for a bit and then back to auto.
(05-15-2020, 02:44 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 09:13 AM)RonBird Wrote: I'm in Spain on the 'A2414' just northeast of Mequinenza, on the opposite side of the lake. Somewhere on that bit of road cycling north with the lake to my left, everything just comes to a halt. Unfortunatley having started the ride again I can on longer get back to the point that the ride stopped.

The strange thing about debugging this is that Google maps website gives a very different route from Albox to Lucca than the Google maps API used by Explorer.  Since it's such a long (2000 km) and twisty route it's been hard for us to dig into.  But we suspect you'd be able to resume from if we drop you a bit further up A2414.  Would you like us to do that, or do you want to continue on your newly started reverse ride?

Hello, yes I’ve noticed the disparity between Google maps and Explorer too and I had a look into that this morning. If you set the route option to ‘Avoid - Highways - Tolls and Ferries’ and set the travel option to ‘car’ you get closer the route I had  been following through Spain. You can’t set the option to cycle.

If  you set the route Albox to La Granja d'Escarp (Spain) which is just a little bit on from where I reached, you can set the option to cycle …. however that too is not quite the route I had been following. A mystery is it not?

I had asked if you would be able to have a method of leaving book marks on the trail to go back and look at later. I had cycled past an architectural feature that looked really interesting. On investigation it turned out to be rather grand old railway station (enc). While I still think bookmarking is an ideaI worth pursuing, the link VzFit has with Strada does help a lot in this regard.

I shall continue on the reverse ride thanks, Lucca to Albox. Would you like me to record where the program goes slightly awry and feed it back to you? I do appreciate that you may be extremely busy, I too used to work in application development until Covid-19 hastened my retirement ;-)
(05-16-2020, 05:01 AM)spyder17 Wrote: About half way through this ride (Gap of Dunloe, Ireland) had two different locations where the auto steer got stuck.  Really tight curving road.  Switched to lean steering for a bit and then back to auto.

Ok I'll release our fix and see if that helps there

UPDATE: The fix is now out
(05-16-2020, 10:42 AM)RonBird Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 09:13 AM)RonBird Wrote: I'm in Spain on the 'A2414' just northeast of Mequinenza, on the opposite side of the lake. Somewhere on that bit of road cycling north with the lake to my left, everything just comes to a halt. Unfortunatley having started the ride again I can on longer get back to the point that the ride stopped.

The strange thing about debugging this is that Google maps website gives a very different route from Albox to Lucca than the Google maps API used by Explorer.  Since it's such a long (2000 km) and twisty route it's been hard for us to dig into.  But we suspect you'd be able to resume from if we drop you a bit further up A2414.  Would you like us to do that, or do you want to continue on your newly started reverse ride?

Hello, yes I’ve noticed the disparity between Google maps and Explorer too and I had a look into that this morning. If you set the route option to ‘Avoid - Highways - Tolls and Ferries’ and set the travel option to ‘car’ you get closer the route I had  been following through Spain. You can’t set the option to cycle.

If  you set the route Albox to La Granja d'Escarp (Spain) which is just a little bit on from where I reached, you can set the option to cycle …. however that too is not quite the route I had been following. A mystery is it not?

I had asked if you would be able to have a method of leaving book marks on the trail to go back and look at later. I had cycled past an architectural feature that looked really interesting. On investigation it turned out to be rather grand old railway station (enc). While I still think bookmarking is an ideaI worth pursuing, the link VzFit has with Strada does help a lot in this regard.

I shall continue on the reverse ride thanks, Lucca to Albox. Would you like me to record where the program goes slightly awry and feed it back to you? I do appreciate that you may be extremely busy, I too used to work in application development until Covid-19 hastened my retirement ;-)

Ah I should have thought to disable highways.  I still don't see anything suspicious in terms of Streetview coverage along that section.  We once ran into a small section of road where Streetview reported coverage but asking for an image by lat/lon return false.  Our skip-ahead code would normally handle that, but if you quit that ride and resumed there you could be stuck.

Anyhow enjoy your reverse ride, let us know of any problems and thanks for the offer to help debug!  We've actually put the bookmark idea into this sprint, along with snapshots you could share on social media.
(05-16-2020, 07:29 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 10:42 AM)RonBird Wrote:

Ah I should have thought to disable highways.  I still don't see anything suspicious in terms of Streetview coverage along that section.  We once ran into a small section of road where Streetview reported coverage but asking for an image by lat/lon return false.  Our skip-ahead code would normally handle that, but if you quit that ride and resumed there you could be stuck.

Anyhow enjoy your reverse ride, let us know of any problems and thanks for the offer to help debug!  We've actually put the bookmark idea into this sprint, along with snapshots you could share on social media.
Oh, I do like the snapshot idea, you could make them like postcards  ;-)
We made a hotfix last night to both games that added a message-of-the-day and better handling of 3rd party hardware.

Unfortunately it also broke City Mode which is now fixed in latest release of Explorer.