Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new builds are out
Ron have you shared the Google My Maps of that ride yet? Happy to take a look to see what could be causing the hangup at 35%.
(05-13-2020, 03:35 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 11:22 AM)jcferraz Wrote: Hi,

I found a bug in Explorer. When I access Explorer I start in the same place I left the previos time, if I try to start a new Ride the app crashes and I go back to Oculus Home.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the report.  That hasn't been a problem we've heard but please let us know if it happens in the build we just released.  If it does, it would be helpful to know exactly what ride you are trying to select when it crashes and what your option settings are.

I have installed the new build and I'll test it as soon as possible. The ride was a custom one. I just searched my city cos I wanted to test City Mode.
We tracked down the Strava sync issue with long rides that people have been having, and released a new build for it. Hopefully that's the last hotfix!
Hi,

I did a ride today and got stuck at the arc the triomphe with auto steering. I got out of it by disabling auto steering.

https://strava.app.link/GWf2f0kLs6

cheers
Erik
(05-13-2020, 08:19 PM)ErikEngerd Wrote: Hi,

I did a ride today and got stuck at the arc the triomphe with auto steering. I got out of it by disabling auto steering.

cheers
 Erik

Thanks for report.  With tons of white dots there things can get confusing, will take a look.
(05-13-2020, 06:04 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Ron have you shared the Google My Maps of that ride yet? Happy to take a look to see what could be causing the hangup at 35%.

Sorry I dont have it as a Google My Map I assumed you could see it in my file. I just typed in my start (Albox) and end points (Luca) into the plan your own ride in the VZFit Explorer app. I have now started the ride from the other end (Luca) and will see how far I manage to get.
(05-14-2020, 07:33 AM)RonBird Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 06:04 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Ron have you shared the Google My Maps of that ride yet? Happy to take a look to see what could be causing the hangup at 35%.

Sorry I dont have it as a Google My Map I assumed you could see it in my file. I just typed in my start (Albox) and end points (Luca) into the plan your own ride in the VZFit Explorer app. I have now started the ride from the other end (Luca) and will see how far I manage to get.

Looking at google maps , I just put in Albox to Luca and looked for directions, the only gap around that point that I can see is in the screenshot below.  Do you have the Lat /Lon of where you were getting stuck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm in Spain on the 'A2414' just northeast of Mequinenza, on the opposite side of the lake. Somewhere on that bit of road cycling north with the lake to my left, everything just comes to a halt. Unfortunatley having started the ride again I can on longer get back to the point that the ride stopped.
(05-15-2020, 09:13 AM)RonBird Wrote: I'm in Spain on the 'A2414' just northeast of Mequinenza, on the opposite side of the lake. Somewhere on that bit of road cycling north with the lake to my left, everything just comes to a halt. Unfortunatley having started the ride again I can on longer get back to the point that the ride stopped.

The strange thing about debugging this is that Google maps website gives a very different route from Albox to Lucca than the Google maps API used by Explorer.  Since it's such a long (2000 km) and twisty route it's been hard for us to dig into.  But we suspect you'd be able to resume from if we drop you a bit further up A2414.  Would you like us to do that, or do you want to continue on your newly started reverse ride?
(05-13-2020, 10:08 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 08:19 PM)ErikEngerd Wrote: Hi,

cheers
 Erik

Thanks for report.  With tons of white dots there things can get confusing, will take a look.

We found and fixed the problem for our next release, it was an edge case that doesn't seem releasing for its own sake.  If we hear it happening to other rides we'll make a release!