Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new builds are out
Crashing for me as well.

I get as far as "Connecting" and then it hangs.

Then it sits there for about a minute, not even updating the view as I move my head, and then my whole Quest headset reboots.
(05-12-2020, 07:10 AM)RonBird Wrote: New Version crashes.
I start up and in to the new splash/welcome screen, press A to log in and then pedal froward. The huge map, the sides come in a bit so I have limited view and then the wholw sceen locks to the position of my head, so it all moves with me. Then the view goes blank and I'm taken out of Explorer.

I'm having the same problem. I have reset my headset, but the app continues to crash.
(05-12-2020, 10:25 PM)emalafeew Wrote:  an optimization we made is taking more memory for very large rides, so will have to rework that.

Could this be what's causing my crash? 

Yesterday, before the update, I had just started a long ride and had 500mi left to go.

If long rides take more RAM, ... and it's automatically trying to load me into a long ride...?  Maybe that's the problem?
It's pretty likely that this is causing the crash in all these cases. The headset runs out of memory before it can load you in. We are working on a fix though, sorry if it's impacting your riding today Sad
(05-13-2020, 12:06 AM)Snowpelt Wrote: It's pretty likely that this is causing the crash in all these cases. The headset runs out of memory before it can load you in. We are working on a fix though, sorry if it's impacting your riding today Sad

Thanks for looking into it. I just turned on Netflix and watched a movie while riding. It was a nice change of pace... but I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.
(05-12-2020, 10:25 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 10:18 PM)spyder17 Wrote: Did three rides today: Military road Ireland, Gap of (something) Ireland and Spyder17's Seawall ride.  One of the Ireland rides was about 20 minutes and the other about 10.  Neither of these shows up on the Strava feed.  The short Seawall one does.  The Gap of Ireland was done mostly in Comfort mode while the Military Road ride was in Country.  Not sure why some are making it through to Strava and others aren't.

We found an issue with Strava sync, rebuilding now.  Also found the problem with your "Ride Across USA" that will have to get fixed tomorrow, an optimization we made is taking more memory for very large rides, so will have to rework that.

You guys are fast with identifying issues! I think integrating with strava is an awesome idea and just adds another social element to riding outside of the vzfit space (and a great marketing tool for you guys as well)
Hi,

I found a bug in Explorer. When I access Explorer I start in the same place I left the previos time, if I try to start a new Ride the app crashes and I go back to Oculus Home.

Hope this helps.
We've released another hotfix to address Strava sync issues, out of memory for very large rides, and small-to-read POI
(05-13-2020, 11:22 AM)jcferraz Wrote: Hi,

I found a bug in Explorer. When I access Explorer I start in the same place I left the previos time, if I try to start a new Ride the app crashes and I go back to Oculus Home.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the report.  That hasn't been a problem we've heard but please let us know if it happens in the build we just released.  If it does, it would be helpful to know exactly what ride you are trying to select when it crashes and what your option settings are.
Hi, I reinstalled Explorer, twice, and it works now, thanks.
The problem of only being able to cycle to roughly 35% of my Albox to Luca ride persists unfortunately.
I did look to installing the new version of Play but have not been offered the update as an option. Maybe I should remove what I have and reinstall that too - tomorrow I think.
Keep up the great work! Cheers, Ron