Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart monitor
Quick question. Explorer has a training option that is based on heart rate; however, when I used my synced watch to the Oculus Quest, it did not show my heart rate on the screen. How does this option really work? Is it like intervals option or does it change the interval once you reach a certain heart beat? Thanks.
(04-30-2020, 02:24 AM)ProfeSilva Wrote: Quick question. Explorer has a training option that is based on heart rate; however, when I used my synced watch to the Oculus Quest, it did not show my heart rate on the screen. How does this option really work? Is it like intervals option or does it change the interval once you reach a certain heart beat? Thanks.

Hi the Explorer training option is based on pedaling cadence not heart rate!  You can choose different workouts, Interval is the default and has different cadence sections that last for different periods of time, which are shown above the virtual Trainer.

We don't yet have heartrate showing in Explorer but it's been requested.  We are planning to do so in future build with devices that output standard Bluetooth heartrate.
(04-30-2020, 07:26 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 02:24 AM)ProfeSilva Wrote: Quick question. Explorer has a training option that is based on heart rate; however, when I used my synced watch to the Oculus Quest, it did not show my heart rate on the screen. How does this option really work? Is it like intervals option or does it change the interval once you reach a certain heart beat? Thanks.

Hi the Explorer training option is based on pedaling cadence not heart rate!  You can choose different workouts, Interval is the default and has different cadence sections that last for different periods of time, which are shown above the virtual Trainer.

We don't yet have heartrate showing in Explorer but it's been requested.  We are planning to do so in future build with device that output standard Bluetooth heartrate.

Thank you for the clarification.  Smile