Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vz explorer
could not use explorer, says it is not installed, please help
Hey Ganes,

I am going to guess that your trying to launch this from the Play menu? Explorer is a separate app from Play, you should have two apps installed. I am showing your account as not having accepted the Explorer invite from Oculus. I just resent the Explorer invite to your Oculus email, once you accept you should be able to install it the same way you did Play.

Let me know if you have any issues.
(04-12-2020, 07:19 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Hey Ganes,

I am going to guess that your trying to launch this from the Play menu? Explorer is a separate app from Play, you should have two apps installed.  I am showing your account as not having accepted the Explorer invite from Oculus. I just resent the Explorer invite to your Oculus email, once you accept you should be able to install it the same way you did Play.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi thanks for the response I did not get an invite to my email
however i do have two accounts, since my first virzoom device stopped working after i had created my original account, that used a different email
either way i do not have any invitation.
I emailed support but did not receive a response
Looking through it appears that support replied to you on 4/13. Sending over the invite for explorer again to the email that we have on file for your Oculus account. I just went back and added you again to the Explorer release , please check the email associated with your Oculus account.
Hi Admin, Enjoying Explorer immensely. Not a cyclist myself but have been told I need to do lots of non weight bearing exercise to recuperate, and the VZFit product helps no end. Just a few comments. Very disconcerting to find myself on the wrong side of the street, especially when it comes to negotiating roundabouts (cycling in Italy)! At one point, about 1 minute from my destination, although I was pedaling forwards, the scene began to move backwards. I stopped and then peddled backwards but this made no difference so I continued to pedal forwards. Then in error I pressed the trigger on my Go controller and the view started to move forward again. If this was related to the event I don’t know. Just a very odd sensation.
Would it be possible to place a little map on the handlebars, or is there a map accessible and I’ve not found it. This relates mainly to roundabouts, often the dots to follow become very vague at roundabouts and quite often I’ve found myself backpedaling to extricate myself from the position I’ve got into and find it difficult to see the dots. A map would make it much more clear if I were to turn left or right and not do what I end up doing!! ;-) Again many thanks for the product.
Hey Ron,
Glad your enjoying it. There is not currently a map to show progress or directions, but it is in our backlog. An option for now may be turning the trainer on is a good way to see where you should be headed as the trainer will always try to follow the correct path.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the recenter button, when you look down between your arms, will always put you back into the middle of the road. Sometimes this can be helpful on tight turns.
(04-16-2020, 03:47 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Hey Ron,
Glad your enjoying it. There is not currently a map to show progress or directions, but it is in our backlog. An option for now may be turning the trainer on is a good way to see where you should be headed as the trainer will always try to follow the correct path.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the recenter button, when you look down between your arms, will always put you back into the middle of the road.  Sometimes this can be helpful on tight turns.

Thanks a lot. I shall look forward to the map option Smile best, r
I've now been useing your great product for a few weeks and thanks for your previous in put, it helped no end.

I've by accident set up a long distance bike ride, sort of from Lorca in Spain to Luca in Italy, about 1200 miles. I'm traveling an interesting route, not the same route that Google Maps offers me so I've been having to cross reference places I go through or near via the VZFit to the Google Map. I realise you don't have a map facility yet but it would be nice to be able to download the map when you do. It would also be cool if you could bookmark points when cycling to see where they are at a later time. I do pass some interesting features. Yeah, I know, asking for the moon.... talking of which ... ;-)

One other comment. Would it be possibe at some point to be able adjust the position of the handlebar in the VR? it is about 150mm too far forward and possibily the same too high for my machine. I have adjusted in my head for it, and most of the time I ride not holding on, but the are times when I need to lean forward and to know the bars will be close to where I see them would be helpful.

Again thanks a lot, r
(05-04-2020, 02:41 PM)RonBird Wrote: I've now been useing your great product for a few weeks and thanks for your previous in put, it helped no end.

I've by accident set up a long distance bike ride, sort of from Lorca in Spain to Luca in Italy, about 1200 miles. I'm traveling an interesting route, not the same route that Google Maps offers me so I've been having to cross reference places I go through or near via the VZFit to the Google Map. I realise you don't have a map facility yet but it would be nice to be able to download the map when you do. It would also be cool if you could bookmark points when cycling to see where they are at a later time. I do pass some interesting features. Yeah, I know, asking for the moon.... talking of which ... ;-)

One other comment. Would it be possibe at some point to be able adjust the position of the handlebar in the VR? it is about 150mm too far forward and possibily the same too high for my machine. I have adjusted in my head for it, and most of the time I ride not holding on, but the are times when I need to lean forward and to know the bars will be close to where I see them would be helpful.

Again thanks a lot, r

Hey Ron great ideas!  

We'll have an update to Explorer this week which will be able to upload exactly where you have ridden to Strava, where you can see on a map, challenge others, and download in GPX or TCX format.

We love the bookmark idea, will put in backlog and think of a design for it!

Customizing your virtual bike handlebars to match position and shape of your real handlebars is on the backlog.  There are higher priority items but we'll be psyched to get to that.
I find the flat images very distracting in explorer. It really takes you out of the experience. Why is that?