Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next update
Mostly I have been playing games on VZfit.  I tried Explore a couple of times.  I will second that I would probably prefer not to steer in Explore and instead be able to look around at the scenery.  I would also like to be able to stop on a course and then restart the next day.  My #1 suggestion is that you create some virtual courses.  I'm not such a fan of VR displays for photos, movies etc.  VR is way cooler for animated scenes.  I know LeTour sort of does this, but it would be nice to have more variety.  Last year I used a subscription from Rouvy.  They would actually turn your uploaded rides to virtual rides.  The virtual rides didn't really look exactly like the scenery from the uploaded ride, but it was a cool feature.
We've found that it's critical for people to turn their heads to steer in VR to reduce simulation sickness. We've tested autosteering in Explorer and found it feels very bad, so have kept your ability to control yourself in Explorer as well as Play.

You're free to stop anywhere and continue where you left of the next day. In fact you can switch to a different ride and then resume where you left off previous rides by choosing "Resume %" instead of "Ride Forward" or "Ride Reverse" when you come back to them.

We introduced another virtual course in Play called "Cali Rally" a couple months ago, in addition to "Le Tour". The "City Mode" we're soon adding to Explorer also uses virtual geometry, which gives it more animation consistency with respect to buildings. Hopefully you'll dig that.
Thanks for the info on resuming Explore. I'll have to figure that out and try it. I'm just learning the system. Maybe I should figure out a course that takes me across the country. I do use Cali Rally and like it! The City Mode sounds great.
Very exciting that “keep flying “ will be back! This one is one of my most favorite games. Are used to play it routinely for a couple years.
Would be nice to have report displayed every time you finish your exercise :
-calories you burned
-minutes you exercised
-kilometers you pedaled
I know that it is very hard to calculate calories and kilometers, but at least a roughly do you have these numbers will give Serious positive feedback every time you finish your exercise

Also used to be nice on old system to have popping up window periodically to see how many kilometers you peddled
Also gives you incentive to continue pushing

Would be nice to have “keep flying “ version the same as it was on the old Virzoom
That means there is no time limit. You go until you touch the ground or pick up all the apples.
You try to score more and work harder when there is no limit on your minutes.
Again, then we would need clear leaderboard Displayed after each session of exercise.
(01-12-2020, 01:27 PM)Superlith Wrote: Very exciting that “keep flying “ will be back! This one is one of my most favorite games. Are used to play it routinely for a couple years.
Would be nice to have report displayed every time you finish your exercise :
-calories you burned
-minutes you exercised
-kilometers you pedaled
I know that it is very hard to calculate calories and kilometers, but at least a roughly do you have these numbers will give Serious positive feedback every time you finish your exercise

Also used to be nice on old system to have popping up window periodically to see how many kilometers you peddled
Also gives you incentive to continue pushing

Would be nice to have “keep flying “ version the same as it was on the old Virzoom
That means there is no time limit. You go until you touch the ground or pick up all the apples.
You try to score more and work harder when there is no limit on your minutes.
Again, then we would need clear leaderboard Displayed after each session of exercise.

Thanks!  We're planning to add calories back to the HUD, but I also like your idea to provide calories/minutes/spins summary when each game ends like we used to.  

But we're still not planning to bring back gameplay where you can die in the middle of workout. We've chosen to treat VZfit as workouts with fun and immersive distraction, rather than as games which require physical effort like VirZOOM Arcade.  The way we've reworked Keep Flying gamelplay is that you get a score multiplier that increases for every 20 apples/gems you eat, and that multiplier and wave progress reset if you have to touch down.
(12-25-2019, 08:04 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(12-24-2019, 04:12 PM)Phoenix Wrote: Having come from Zwift, the things that are really missing are the ability to interact with my other equipment.  I do have a smart trainer and don't necessarily need games and explore to change the tension on my trainer, though that would be the ultimate.  It would be great if I could see at least my heart rate and cadence.  You should easily be able to add cadence since this is what your sensor measures.  Heart rate straps are pretty universal, so it would be nice if your equipment could read and display my heart rate.  Going a step further, it would be nice to interact with my Garmin sensors to give me a true speed.

Totally understand wanting those extra bits of information and it is something we have been talking about trying to pull in.  In the scenario you describe here your thinking of having our sensor and your smart trainer at the same time right?  Just want to clarify for adding it to our feedback list.

Thanks!

Right, even now I am using my smart trainer, but just as a regular trainer.  With Zwift, when I go up hills, Zwift talks to the smart trainer and changes the resistance.  However, even if you can't change the resistance, it would be nice if it could read the speed and show me my heart rate.  I have seen that you do integrate with fitbit, but I use Garmin.  As I use the system more, I see that you do have cadence posted.  Being on a drop bar bike, I can't see the information at the top of the page unless I look up.  It would be great, If I could configure that.  Maybe I can and I just don't know how to do it?
(01-27-2020, 01:55 AM)Phoenix Wrote: Right, even now I am using my smart trainer, but just as a regular trainer.  With Zwift, when I go up hills, Zwift talks to the smart trainer and changes the resistance.  However, even if you can't change the resistance, it would be nice if it could read the speed and show me my heart rate.  I have seen that you do integrate with fitbit, but I use Garmin.  As I use the system more, I see that you do have cadence posted.  Being on a drop bar bike, I can't see the information at the top of the page unless I look up.  It would be great, If I could configure that.  Maybe I can and I just don't know how to do it?

The "Lower HUD" button on the Option menu will lower the HUD to make it easier to see, for riders facing more downward or have difficulty looking up. Let us know if it helps!

It would be possible for our games to talk to smart trainers to control resistance, we just have to find out the popular bluetooth profiles.
For everyone waiting on City Mode for Explorer, we're busy tuning it to work for different locations. Much like Streetview data, the 3D building & terrain data it relies on varies in quality and detail. And as we had to do with Streetview, we're identifying them and coming up with ways to address. Hopefully it'll all work out within a week or two.
City Mode dropped last week, and we were also able to smooth camera motion to better look around in Explorer.

For our next update, we are planning three main things:

1. A message-of-the-day system that will keep game users informed of changes and new tips
2. Bring Lotus Pond to VZfit Play, in which you kayak around a lake collecting ducks and feeding fish. It was our most relaxing game in the PC version
3. Add Points-of-interest to City Mode in Explorer. We've already prototyped this and works great, and makes riding through cities even more interesting

Should take about a month, we'll post progress! There's a lot more on our backlog we're excited to get to after these
(02-27-2020, 02:57 PM)emalafeew Wrote: City Mode dropped last week, and we were also able to smooth camera motion to better look around in Explorer.

For our next update, we are planning three main things:

1. A message-of-the-day system that will keep game users informed of changes and new tips
2. Bring Lotus Pond to VZfit Play, in which you kayak around a lake collecting ducks and feeding fish.  It was our most relaxing game in the PC version
3. Add Points-of-interest to City Mode in Explorer.  We've already prototyped this and works great, and makes riding through cities even more interesting

Should take about a month, we'll post progress!  There's a lot more on our backlog we're excited to get to after these

I really like the idea of lotus pond. Pedal kayaks are common so it seems like an excellent genre.

Kayak races could be interesting... currents on a relatively calm river that give speed advantages might make it more interesting. 

You know what also goes really well with pedal kayaks? FISHING...