Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VZfit Explorer Feedback
Angel Apologies in advance if this is a well-known issue with an obvious solution:  I am a new user and trying explorer for the first time.   I pedal and see pedal move, spins are recorded but I either don't move or move just a few feet.   One time I turned around and was able to go a few miles before these symptoms reappeared.  What is the fix?
(09-29-2019, 04:51 PM)billydwolf Wrote: Angel Apologies in advance if this is a well-known issue with an obvious solution:  I am a new user and trying explorer for the first time.   I pedal and see pedal move, spins are recorded but I either don't move or move just a few feet.   One time I turned around and was able to go a few miles before these symptoms reappeared.  What is the fix?

Hi Billy, the first question we have is whether you see white dots along the road and are heading toward them.  Those dots represent the locations of Streetview images that makeup a ride.
(05-30-2019, 06:49 PM)surfous Wrote: EDIT: We talked about this more today, and think web creation of rides and multiplayer rides with voice chat are right up there with a 2D map in game. We want to do all three, question is which comes first!

I would vote for web creation of rides first solely because it facilitates crowdsourced content creation. I'd like to ride somewhere different each session, maybe repeating or reversing memorable rides after some time.

With a way to define some rides and spot evaluate the route on the web, then make the ride available to ride in Explorer, I could easily create a few rides at a time. Then after I actually ride them, I could share the ones that work out well. Maybe later, I'd have the ability to adjust rides that didn't work out well.

Finally, perhaps shared rides can become suggested rides after some sort of vetting process (number of rides completed, a rating system, staff curation, community curation?) to enhance discovery.

I *really* like Explorer, and I find that virtually riding through different areas in the world really distracts me from what would would otherwise be a dull grind on a stationary bike. Next to the scenery, I'm paying attention to the trainer and my intervals and not so much to "how much longer until I'm done?"
I just set up my bike yesterday after initial set up issues. This morning the virtual ride started going in reverse even after selecting forward ride. Now the stationary bike spin is not recognised on oculus and my virtual bike is stationary. I have checked the sensor and the green light is flashing. Every other control is working. How can I get this going again
Hi Kuzoka,

I'm guessing that you are not pedaling forward when the games ask you to PEDAL FORWARD TO CONNECT BIKE. That's when they determine what direction is forward. If the games think your forward pedaling is reverse, then you will go backward in some of the games like Tank and Racecar and Explorer. Try restarting the games and be careful to pedal forward when connecting.

It also sounds like sometimes the Sensor connects but your virtual bike and spins aren't moving at all. Make sure your Sensor it mounted on the crank so that it's flat face is vertical. Also note if you connect the Sensor but then don't pedal for 3 minutes, the Sensor will fall asleep and need to be rotated to wake up. That can cause a few second delay in movement again.

If you still aren't moving, but you can get the Sensor green light to flash in your hand, then try rotating it in your hand when the game asks you to PEDAL FORWARD to see if it moves then. If that works but it doesn't on the bike, please let us know!
(11-18-2019, 06:39 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Hi Kuzoka,

I'm guessing that you are not pedaling forward when the games ask you to PEDAL FORWARD TO CONNECT BIKE. That's when they determine what direction is forward. If the games think your forward pedaling is reverse, then you will go backward in some of the games like Tank and Racecar and Explorer. Try restarting the games and be careful to pedal forward when connecting.

It also sounds like sometimes the Sensor connects but your virtual bike and spins aren't moving at all. Make sure your Sensor it mounted on the crank so that it's flat face is vertical. Also note if you connect the Sensor but then don't pedal for 3 minutes, the Sensor will fall asleep and need to be rotated to wake up. That can cause a few second delay in movement again.

If you still aren't moving, but you can get the Sensor green light to flash in your hand, then try rotating it in your hand when the game asks you to PEDAL FORWARD to see if it moves then. If that works but it doesn't on the bike, please let us know!

The sensor is definitely blinking green when rotated but is not registering. I have cycled for a few minutes after repositioning the sensor on the crank but it is still registering.
The controller works fine.

I meant the sensor still not registering after repositioning.
(11-18-2019, 08:43 PM)Kuzoka Wrote:

I'm guessing that you are not pedaling forward when the games ask you to PEDAL FORWARD TO CONNECT BIKE.  That's when they determine what direction is forward.  If the games think your forward pedaling is reverse, then you will go backward in some of the games like Tank and Racecar and Explorer.  Try restarting the games and be careful to pedal forward when connecting.

It also sounds like sometimes the Sensor connects but your virtual bike and spins aren't moving at all.  Make sure your Sensor it mounted on the crank so that it's flat face is vertical.  Also note if you connect the Sensor but then don't pedal for 3 minutes, the Sensor will fall asleep and need to be rotated to wake up.  That can cause a few second delay in movement again.

If you still aren't moving, but you can get the Sensor green light to flash in your hand, then try rotating it in your hand when the game asks you to PEDAL FORWARD to see if it moves then.  If that works but it doesn't on the bike, please let us know!

The sensor is definitely blinking green when rotated but is not registering. I have cycled for a few minutes after repositioning the sensor on the crank but it is still registering.

I meant  the sensor still not registering after repositioning.
Hey Kuzoka,

Can you confirm that the sensor is not working in both Apps?  No need to re-pair the controller as they both connect independently to the headset. Also,  if you have not already, can you try removing the battery for 30 seconds then putting it back in and trying again?  

Sorry for the inconvenience, the sensor is usually connects very easily. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
(11-18-2019, 09:16 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(11-18-2019, 08:43 PM)Kuzoka Wrote:

I'm guessing that you are not pedaling forward when the games ask you to PEDAL FORWARD TO CONNECT BIKE.  That's when they determine what direction is forward.  If the games think your forward pedaling is reverse, then you will go backward in some of the games like Tank and Racecar and Explorer.  Try restarting the games and be careful to pedal forward when connecting.

It also sounds like sometimes the Sensor connects but your virtual bike and spins aren't moving at all.  Make sure your Sensor it mounted on the crank so that it's flat face is vertical.  Also note if you connect the Sensor but then don't pedal for 3 minutes, the Sensor will fall asleep and need to be rotated to wake up.  That can cause a few second delay in movement again.

If you still aren't moving, but you can get the Sensor green light to flash in your hand, then try rotating it in your hand when the game asks you to PEDAL FORWARD to see if it moves then.  If that works but it doesn't on the bike, please let us know!

I meant  the sensor still not registering after repositioning.
Hey Kuzoka,

Can you confirm that the sensor is not working in both Apps?  No need to re-pair the controller as they both connect independently to the headset. Also,  if you have not already, can you try removing the battery for 30 seconds then putting it back in and trying again?  

Sorry for the inconvenience, the sensor is usually connects very easily. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
Hey Kuzoka,

Looks like you got this working based on your current play sessions.  If it's still an issue feel free to reply to your support ticket, glad to help!
Yesss! I shut down and rebooted Oculus and the sensor came back on. It's all cool now. Thanks so much.

Thanks so much. I am back on. I had to shut down and reboot Oculus Quest.
Hi,

this is my first feedback after trying VZfit Explorer a few times. I ordered the sensor from Germany and with some delay at the customs it arrived three weeks ago. Setup and installation worked fine and the required emails with VirZOOM and Oculus got processed out very quick.

In general: I love it! It's so much more fun to ride the stationary bike through the virtual world. I created a ride in western Australia in an area we visited by campervan years ago and it is amazing how natural the experience with the Quest is.

My first suggestions for improvements:
- It would be nice to be able to switch from miles to km in the overlay
- I would love to name the rides. Something like "Shark Bay turnoff to Monkey Mia" would be nicer then the generic "Hamlin Pool Ride #X"
- It would be great if you could prepare the rides on a map at the PC. Entering the coordinates in VR is inconvenient.
- And finally, I assume the whole process for the rendering of the 360° pictures on the 3D landscape is very complicated and I fully understand that there will be artifacts especially with close objects, but the only thing really bothering me, is the "bumps" in the horizon, especially while riding along the sea (e.g. @ -26.4173134,114.0423337). those rides would be much more relaxing if I didn't have to fear Tsunamis all the time :-).

Thanks a lot for this great product and service,
Arctos
We’re adding your 2nd and 3rd requests as we speak! See the Custom ride creation thread just posted Smile

To your first request, absolutely agree. We actually started with km only in Play but recently added a miles option there, only fair to add the reverse to Explorer.

To your last request, have your tried Change View to a 3rd person mode? That better matches the height of the Google car camera when recording and produces the least image distortion.

Going further would take image alignment processing like we tried in the Distortion improvement progress thread. We’re currently pursuing a solid geometry rendering method that will mostly help cities, but would like to circle back to image alignment for better country and waterfront transitions.