Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoke Show Prize Event
We've begun another $100 prize challenge, for cumulative score in Curvy Race thru July 5.

You get score based on how many AI cars you beat each lap, and whether you keep beating your own best lap.  You get bonus coins for coming in 1st place in a lap another AI car is generated, up to maximum of 8.

Note you'll need the new VZfit Play update (6/21) for this.

Pro tips: Slow down to make tighter turns and save your fastest pedaling for when you turbo!
I am having some issues with virzoom
I try to update, it finishes but then does not do anythint . I have to restart, update again. Doesnt do. In like 10 attempts it sometimes do. I dont know if it is wrong with my oculus or virzoom
We’ve seen the oculus UI get confused like that after a download, you just need to give it time to install. Come back to it in 15 minutes.
Downloads are fairly fast but it can take some time for the install to complete. I have begun doing like you suggested, either just putting the Quest down and coming back in about 10 or just going to the store and looking to see what is new. This is for any update, not just VZPlay or Explorer.
(06-21-2019, 08:44 PM)emalafeew Wrote: We've begun another $100 prize challenge, for cumulative score in Curvy Race thru July 5.

You get score based on how many AI cars you beat each lap, and whether you keep beating your own best lap.  You get bonus coins for coming in 1st place in a lap another AI car is generated, up to maximum of 8.

Note you'll need the new VZfit Play update (6/21) for this.

Pro tips: Slow down to make tighter turns and save your fastest pedaling for when you turbo!

My 30 minute session this morning didn't register on the event.  Am I disqualified because of winning the last one?

Update- Just completed a 10 Minute session and that one registered, but still No Joy on the initial 30 Minute spin...
What happened to the mirrors on the car? Did you remove them to help with graphics? If so, you need to remove the Tip that says to look in the mirror to see who is coming up behind you. I used then quite a bit, especially to see where my shadow car was so I could beat my best times. Also the AI cars in this version are crazy drivers and it would be helpful to be able to see them coming up behind you. They seem to come out of nowhere some of the time.
(06-22-2019, 03:45 PM)Officespaced Wrote: My 30 minute session this morning didn't register on the event.  Am I disqualified because of winning the last one?

Update- Just completed a 10 Minute session and that one registered, but still No Joy on the initial 30 Minute spin...

It looks like you played your first 30 minute game outside of the Event menu. You have to play it from Events to get credit, but I've retroactively fixed it.
(06-23-2019, 03:16 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 03:45 PM)Officespaced Wrote: My 30 minute session this morning didn't register on the event.  Am I disqualified because of winning the last one?

It looks like you played your first 30 minute game outside of the Event menu.  You have to play it from Events to get credit, but I've retroactively fixed it.

Ok, great!.  I thought I was careful on choosing "Events", but it was my first ride in the morning and no coffee...  I know I made that mistake with the first two runs in Airwolf Returns, as I wasn't familiar with how Events worked then. Oh well, it's addressed now, Thanks!
Anytime!
(06-22-2019, 08:21 PM)spyder17 Wrote: What happened to the mirrors on the car?  Did you remove them to help with graphics?  If so, you need to remove the Tip that says to look in the mirror to see who is coming up behind you.  I used then quite a bit, especially to see where my shadow car was so I could beat my best times. Also the AI cars in this version are crazy drivers and it would be helpful to be able to see them coming up behind you.  They seem to come out of nowhere some of the time.

I agree about the mirrors. I kind of miss seeing my K9 self, ears flopping in the wind. Probably just the graphic fidelity hit you get with Quest/Go vs PC.  Overall, I'm more than pleased with being tether-less, and I'm glad my HP Windows Mixed Reality unit died.

The AI drivers do get crazier as time goes on.  It's easier to rack up points on a couple successive 20/30 Minute runs, versus the 45.  For me, it's more annoying than challenging, not to mention monotonous, after 20 times around the track in a session.  I find I clock watch a lot, for it to end.  I haven't logged much time in this Event, as it's quickly turning into my least favorite game of the bunch. Perhaps I'm just old, being in 50's.  All this curve leaning is making my back ache.  Cry 

Good luck to all!  Big Grin