Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difficulty Level
I remember seeing somewhere that in Explorer, the difficulty level affects the trainers and how long the different speeds are in effect.  Do the different levels have any effect in the Vzfit Play games.  I can't find any information on this.
Generally speaking, I think higher difficulty means you have to pedal faster to hit higher speeds? Like, if you set the difficulty to a lower level, you could be cruising along while pedaling casually, but if you set it high you'll have to pedal as fast as you can to keep up.
That's exactly right. We've learned that people like to exercise at all sorts of pedal rates and resistances, while our games are tuned for certain virtual speeds. It'll also allow people of differing abilities to ride together in Explorer, coming next build!
Riding Carmel by the Sea this morning, about 10 miles along the ride and pulled Oculus Go away from face for a very brief moment. Screen went dark and once reset Avatar was stationary about 2 miles behind where I was before the reset. Also was not able to pedal forward any longer despite pedaling the bike.

Still a nice ride and probably a Go issue but passing along if feedback is at all helpful.
Thanks, we'll try to repro. Do you know if the Go battery was very low? If you want I can push you 2 miles forward again.
The Go battery was not low. I have experienced the low/fading Go battery issue in and have been more careful with battery charge.

No need at all to push forward. Fun ride even with the wrinkle. Mostly just wanted to provide the feedback.

I will ride it again in a.m. and post if any issues.

Thanks!
Rode Carmel course again this morning. At about the 9 mile mark or so, carefully pulled Go 2-3 inches from face, for a quick brow wipe. Not up or down (although may have tilted a bit) but straight away from forehead.

Result was my avatar became fixed in place. RPM and Spin count continued working but Avatar was stationary relative to landscape.

I selected Options and Resume which set me at the 5.9 mile mark at which point I was able to once again pedal the avatar.

This may just be an issue with Go (too quick or sudden directional movements) or maybe some user error.

Just passing along, if helpful, as I suspect the occasional brow wipe to be inevitable for users.

Perhaps a user controlled Pause function could help. If this in fact is an actual issue and not a one off.
Thanks again for feedback. It's not supposed to pause or freeze when you remove from head! We do detect that but only for the purpose of sending your accumulated pedaling data to our servers, in case the Go decides to sleep from there.

My Go is charging now, but we'll definitely test in current build, and if necessary fix in new build this week
Hmm I can't repro in our current build, when I take it off for a few seconds, or longer until the screen goes dark.

I've got some detailed questions if you want to help narrow down!

If spins and RPM are still going up, one possibility is there are no more "white dots" in front of you. That would seem a pretty big coincidence, but can you confirm there are white dots in front of you?

If you can't move forward, does pedaling backward work to move backward?

Does this happen every time you remove the headset for a few seconds? Is it long enough that the Go screen goes dark?

If it happens every time and the screen doesn't go dark, can you tell if the scene is still moving while you are pedaling and the headset is off your face?

Note one of the improvements in the current build is smarter retrying of white dots that didn't load, but I'm guessing that's not the case here. I would also say to check your Sensor battery if the spins and RPM weren't still going, and the game would warn you when it's low.
(06-11-2019, 07:58 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Hmm I can't repro in our current build, when I take it off for a few seconds, or longer until the screen goes dark.

I've got some detailed questions if you want to help narrow down!

If spins and RPM are still going up, one possibility is there are no more "white dots" in front of you. That would seem a pretty big coincidence, but can you confirm there are white dots in front of you?

If you can't move forward, does pedaling backward work to move backward?

Does this happen every time you remove the headset for a few seconds? Is it long enough that the Go screen goes dark?

If it happens every time and the screen doesn't go dark, can you tell if the scene is still moving while you are pedaling and the headset is off your face?

Note one of the improvements in the current build is smarter retrying of white dots that didn't load, but I'm guessing that's not the case here. I would also say to check your Sensor battery if the spins and RPM weren't still going, and the game would warn you when it's low.

Thanks for the questions. Also, if this feels to you like a one off or a wild goose chase, please move on. I do NOT want to be a distraction and am managing just fine, enjoying the workouts and increased fitness!

Ok, regarding your questions.

No, it does not happen every time. Many times I’ve done a quick brow wipe without incident. Increasingly I suspect the cause to be when the headset inadvertently gets twisted acutely left or right, taking the avatar agressively into the border areas and away from the road and of course the white dots as well. So the easy fix for users may just be to avoid the harsh into the border turns.

This does lead to a black screen. I then typically reset (quick touch to Go power button) or completely reboot (select restart with Go controller).

Interestngly I am able to select resume and get back to the same track. I have yet to be able to get back to the original mile marker though. Typically the resume function seems to self select for about the 60% mile mark.

In any event, I usually am also not able to pedal the avatar forward, once I select resume. At times I do see white dots but still can’t pedal forward or back. At other times (this morning for instance on Carmel again), after a resume selection I did NOT see white dots and could not move the avatar forward. At this time I was though able to pedal backwards and move the avatar backwards slightly. It moved until one single white dot appeared in front of the avatar. I was then able to pedal the avatar forward, but only by the distance to and slightly beyond thay single white dot.

The rpm, spins, and time were functional during all instances of this inability to pedal the avatar forward.

So this is a lot of detail and again, my only intent was to pass along feedback, IF helpful. It may not be, especially with new builds and evolutions happening.

I guess though, from a user perspective, I could boil this down to stuff happens and no real big deal. But if practical to understand and address, it may be helpful to be able to return the avatar to the mile marker, at which point said stuff happened. This way folks can complete their rides basically intact.

Again, sorry for the likely less than clear feedback. No question lots of variables, tough to isolate, etc..

I am loving your work and this product. Feeling better by the day. Thank you.