Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating & Importing Custom Maps
I think one of the unique features of this app is even having the ability to import custom maps. I agree that it is a bit wonky... but it is still an amazing feature.

One workaround for your route is to ask google maps to ignore highways or "carriage-ways" This is actually possible in the headset.

Driving directions can be edited on the fly...I think it is drag and click so you should be able to drag the route onto the roads you want to travel.

I'm not an expert, but "no such child" suggests that there is something wrong with the formatting of your map... usually that you are trying to import the entire thing rather than the single-layer KML file.

I have planned many long trips...spanning thousands of miles... Instead of importing a very long map... you might be better off just importing the map in various "sections". There are many reasons why this is a good idea. Sometimes there are "errors" with the VZFIT software...and losing 15 or 20km that you already completed is not as bad as losing 200.

Through breaking the route into smaller sections there can also be a bit of trial and error as you refine your mapping process... or even make detours later on.

Messages In This Thread
Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-16-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by Shon_T - 03-17-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-18-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-19-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-20-2021, 07:51 PM