Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wacky behavior today
I haven't ridden in this app in a while and fired it up today to continue my ride around the Ring of Kerry in Ireland. As soon as I was on the road, I was pedaling at about 50-55 cadence (rehabbing a knee so have to go slow for now) but the RPM on the game shot up to 110 and then for the next minute or so fluctuated between 90-110. Then it took a nosedive down to 54 and I thought it might be some weirdness so I continued on and it shot up again. Then it fell down to nearly 0. Then up again to 50, then back to 100. It was madness. Never once did I changed my slow pace of pedaling. This went on for about 5 minutes so I shut it down.

I closed out and went into "that other bike riding VR app" and it was fine. No issues at all with the sensor bugging out. After a quick ride there, I reloaded VZ and resumed my Kerry ride and the crazypants started up again. Not sure what's happening there. I will hunt for another battery to see if a swap helps, but if the other app is fine, I'm not sure what's up. The ride had been fine so far. I did about 3% of it before today and all was good. Just a heads up.
Which cadence sensor are you using? Could it be in speed mode instead of cadence? Not sure why it would be swapping signals back and forth like that though.