Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can more Difficulty levels be added?
Good evening,

I think right now, the difficulty levels range from 1 to 8. I utilize "1" frequently on downhills and "5" to "8" on uphills and higher altitudes. I also increase my real-world trainer magnetic resistance on the uphills to 5, 8, 12 or even up to a maximum "16" (out of the saddle on the latter ones). Conversely, on the downhills or flat areas, I use magnetic resistance between "2" to "6." I sure could use some additional difficulty levels above "8" in the simulation - visually (and mph) I am simply moving too fast on some of these steeper hills. In the real-world for some of these hills or mountain climbs, I would not be able to go 18 to 21 mph. Slowing the simulation speed down further would help balance things out.

Also, when I hit higher elevations in the real-world, I have to start slowing down on uphills - some around 5,000 to 8,500 and lots around 10,200 and above.

Thanks for considering this.

v/r,
Steve Mullins
Thanks for the suggestion Steve. It wouldn't hurt us to go to 10, but nobody has ever asked that we make VZfit _harder_ before!
If I am out of the saddle on level 15 or 16, magnetic resistance, for steeper terrain, mountain climb, visually moving slower would feel far more realistic. I would only be moving at perhaps 3 to 8 miles per hour. The same holds true after about 7,500 feet or so. My heart rate can be racing after 10,000 feet and I have to drastically slow down.

Perhaps this is a small enhancement that some people may not appreciate. Just trying to add to the realism.
v/r,
Steve
The new beta testing build goes up to difficulty 10 Smile So should be available soon.
Thank you!