Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virzoom Arcade for GearVR
I've got my VZFit sensor and expect to use it with the upcoming Oculus Quest, unfortunately it will take months before I can buy it in my country.

However I have a GearVR with supported phones so I wonder if I can use them with VZfit sensor.

I found this blog post and looks like it could work but then I don't find a link on my account page to get the Virzoom Arcade for Gear VR.

https://virzoom.com/blog/introducing-mob...vz-sensor/

Could you please let me know if I could use my Gear VR with VZfit? Frankly I don't want to buy an Oculus Go now just to abondon it when Quest arrive. Thank you very much.

Pat
(04-16-2019, 06:52 PM)phattanapon Wrote: I've got my VZFit sensor and expect to use it with the upcoming Oculus Quest, unfortunately it will take months before I can buy it in my country.

However I have a GearVR with supported phones so I wonder if I can use them with VZfit sensor.

I found this blog post and looks like it could work but then I don't find a link on my account page to get the Virzoom Arcade for Gear VR.

https://virzoom.com/blog/introducing-mob...vz-sensor/

Could you please let me know if I could use my Gear VR with VZfit? Frankly I don't want to buy an Oculus Go now just to abondon it when Quest arrive. Thank you very much.

Pat

Hi Pat,

That blog post shows a previous version of our sensor (with no button controller) and was released with our old app, VirZOOM Arcade, for GearVR.  But with VZfit Play and VZfit Explorer, we are only focused on the Go and Quest.  I'm sorry, but you'll need to either purchase a Go or wait for the Quest.
The Sensor firmware included with VZfit Sensor Kit isn't compatible with VirZOOM Arcade on GearVR, and we removed its download codes on my.virzoom.com to avoid confusion on that matter.

Good job finding that old post and sorry for the wait--the Quest will be worth it!
Thank you guys. I'll wait for the Quest then and will start my subscription when I get it.