Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explorer Paths Obscured
Hello,

Ever since the last update, the paths are now obscured by any 3d objects, including when the road simply is risen just a little bit, making it difficult to see where to go.

Sometimes the 3d renders a side street or corner as a wall and you can’t see where to go at all. I was lost at one point because i couldn’t see the path had jumped a street to the right. it was only after I poked my head through a 3d rendered brick wall to the right of the direction I was heading that I was finally able to see the rest of the path in the blue void.

Love the app and I’m sure the change was made in the interests of helping others with a sense of immersion, but it would be wonderful if there was a setting in Options to change it so the path is always on display beyond 3d objects like it used to be. The immersion of the path not being visible around corners is a fine effect however that same immersion breaks much more for me when I hit an invisible wall because I couldn’t see the path had jumped to the other side of the road for a few dots.

Thank you again for the app, needless to say it’s made this year a million times easier to get through. Can’t stress that enough.
Good catch rehu. We had changed that code to a better method for next release, but some of that accidentally got into our last hotfix. We know how important it is to see the path around corners and other 3d objects so will fix now.

UPDATE: The fixed build has been released.
Wow. Thanks so much. I was not expecting such a quick reply, and it’s already fixed! I was just hoping for a setting in options at some point further down the line.

so happy to see all my favourite floating white dots through all of space and time again. thanks again! Smile