Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
satechi controller not pairing - quest 2
We have discovered that the Quest 2 isn't properly supporting bluetooth keyboards, including the VZ Button and other media buttons which use the keyboard profile. We tested 7 different devices from BT 3-5 and they all initially connect but then fail to reconnect after a disconnection. The only fix is to forget them and restart your headset, which isn't a workable solution.

The reason is probably related to the upcoming VR keyboard from Logitech. Hopefully Oculus can get back to supporting all bluetooth keyboards, we're talking to them now about our button at least. Until then please use either Oculus hand controller in place of VZ Button, with A/X and B/Y in place of up and down. We will keep everyone informed here about steps toward resolving this.

Thank You
Hi Eric, I haven't had time to cycle this past week and am just about to do a ride now. I logged in here to see if there had been any progress and I'm thankful for the explanation so that I don't spend the next forty minutes or so trying to connect it! AS I use Explorer almost exclusively it's not a major problem for me, and sounds like a fix might come at some point in the future anyway so that's positive.

Aside from this Bluetooth quirk, I'm loving the Quest 2 so far!
No update from Oculus as yet, but they are looking into it and we have a followup call this week. Agree the Quest 2 is terrific!
(10-26-2020, 01:49 PM)emalafeew Wrote: No update from Oculus as yet, but they are looking into it and we have a followup call this week.  Agree the Quest 2 is terrific!

Any word here? Don't want to keep sweating all over my Oculus Quest 2 controller...
Unfortunately no. Their dev team is pretty busy at the moment, which isn't surprising given the recent launch. When we hear something we'll let everyone know, and meanwhile will test firmware updates to see if it gets fixed serendipitously.
It appears the Quest 2 update (23) fixes the button issue. I was able to connect the button today after updating to version 23. I jumped on the bike quickly to see if it was recognized in VZFit to which it was. Smile
I have the V23 update and it hasn't fixed my pairing problems.  I can't pair either through the Oculus phone app or directly with the headset.  The button isn't even recognized.  I have an older version of the Satechi controller ( takes a CR2016 battery and not the CR2032 like the newer model).  Not sure if that makes a difference.   I would be more than happy to get another bluetooth button if one exists that will pair with the Quest 2.
Hey jrstorey,

When you try from the headset it's possible that you won't see the name of the device. It may just look like a hardware address. But there should be a keyboard icon next to it. Any chance that's the problem?

Our testing has also confirmed that this is fixed in the latest update. Sorry for the delay on this everyone.
I haven't cycled on VZFit for several weeks as I did a rowing challenge in December and then took two weeks off from working out in early Jan. First cycle in forever today and a lot has changed! I didn't try pairing the button but wanted to check here after to see if its fixed so this is encouraging news. I'll try and get it set up this week and report back.

Was great to get back on the bike again today!