Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cadence Sensor Calibration
Hello,
I've bought a cadence sensor IGPSPORT that works well.
The only problem is that there isn't a correspondence between rpm in Virzoom and rpm on the bike.
The round per minute on Virzoom are about the half the real rpm.
So if i go 100 rpm, on Virzoom I go at 50 rpm.
This is not very good, because It seems always that I go very slow.
I tried to mount the sensor in different position in the bike, but this didn't change anything.

Is there a way to calibrate the sensor so that it shows real rpms?

Bye.
This sounds like the sensor is in Speed mode and not in Cadence mode. I believe you just reverse the battery in that one to switch modes.
I bought the wrong sensor!

Many sensors permit to switch between speed and cadence, not IGPSport!
(09-07-2020, 12:13 PM)Zack71 Wrote: Hello,
The only problem is that there isn't a correspondence between rpm in Virzoom and rpm on the bike.
I tried to mount the sensor in different position in the bike, but this didn't change anything.

Bye.

How did you get your igpsort sensor to connect to the app?  it is not being detected in Bluetooth on my headset.  is there an on button to this thing somewhere?  or an LED i should be looking for once its on?

thanks.!
Lamp.
(09-25-2020, 04:34 PM)Lamplighter Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 12:13 PM)Zack71 Wrote: Hello,

Bye.

How did you get your igpsort sensor to connect to the app?  it is not being detected in Bluetooth on my headset.  is there an on button to this thing somewhere?  or an LED i should be looking for once its on?

thanks.!
Lamp.

Just to clarify here, the sensor should never be manually paired to the headset.  When you start the app and get the prompt of "pedal forward to continue"  the headset looks for a broadcasting sensor to pair with.  If you are unsure if your sensor is broadcasting, you can try using an app like nRF Tool BOX and make sure you see it, while it's rotating on the pedal crank, in the CSC (bike) setting.

If you see the sensor broadcasting on that App, but when you Pedal it doesn't connect to the headset, reach out to support@virzoom.com and we can help you troubleshoot.
(09-12-2020, 04:12 PM)Zack71 Wrote: I bought the wrong sensor!

Many sensors permit to switch between speed and cadence, not IGPSport!

Looks like IGPSPort has a cadence sensor, Speed sensor and combo sensor. We link to the combo one on https://www.virzoom.com/compatible-devices/#sensors , but totally understand how it can be confusing when looking at them. Hopefully the return policy where you got it lets you exchange it!