Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook concerns
@Yakinabe You're really wasting your time debating this issue here and I fear it's just going to turn into a big political slanging match. VirZoom have chosen their platform and are sticking with it and at the end of the day they're a business and will likely go with what they think is best for their company and has the best chance of success. Like it or not, Facebook is probably the most popular social media platform out there and has a huge userbase and Oculus is fast becoming a big seller and will likely continue to grow.

I totally understand your concerns and have myself questioned VirZoom's strategy regarding which VR platforms they use and the exclusion of a big sector of the VR market and I have even suggested perhaps the mobile market might be a better route to go down considering more people will have smartphones or tablets and are far more likely to also have an exercise bike or buy one as they will see it as much easier and cheaper to go down that route than getting a headset.

With that in mind, I would suggest you do what I have done if you feel that strongly about Facebook and not bother with an Oculus headset at all, rather, check out the VzFit Explorer 2D app https://forums.vzfit.com/showthread.php?tid=146 (albeit experimental-only at this stage) which will allow you to use an Android-compatible device and a bluetooth cadence sensor to play Explorer on your phone or tablet and forego using a VR headset altogether. It works very well with my Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone and I can use the Samsung Flow app on both the phone and my desktop PC to mirror the phone's screen to my computer and be able to see Explorer on a bigger screen. However, this does make the image resolution worse as it has to enlarge the smaller image of the phone to my monitor's 1440p size but it's still better than nothing. Plus the process of downloading the VzFit Explorer app onto your phone etc is a bit of a mess about and involves you having to visit this forum on your phone, navigating to the 2D app's thread and clicking the download link to install the app. This can sometimes not work but when I have told the developers, they have updated the Google Drive link to get it to work. Ideally the app would be available on the Google Play Store and this is hopefully something that will happen in the future, although it seems they would rather also be able to release it on iOS and their primary focus is VR so I am not sure how much time the mobile app is being given.

I think there are legitimate questions and concerns to raise about Facebook and other social media and big companies but this isn't the place to do it and will most likely receive very little support in favor of your argument as VirZoom will approach things from a business perspective and are not likely to take a political stance on this and a lot of the users of VZFit don't really care about the issues raised over Facebook (or even believe them) and see nothing wrong with using it or it's products.

Messages In This Thread
Facebook concerns - by Yakinabe - 09-03-2020, 08:33 PM
RE: Facebook concerns - by Snowpelt - 09-03-2020, 09:12 PM
RE: Facebook concerns - by Yakinabe - 09-19-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: Facebook concerns - by KevinBrook - 09-20-2020, 12:03 AM
RE: Facebook concerns - by BakerBiker - 09-23-2020, 08:37 AM
RE: Facebook concerns - by emalafeew - 09-23-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Facebook concerns - by Stain2319 - 09-20-2020, 04:24 AM
RE: Facebook concerns - by Yakinabe - 09-20-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: Facebook concerns - by AfxTwn - 09-21-2020, 08:14 AM
RE: Facebook concerns - by Stain2319 - 09-21-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: Facebook concerns - by AfxTwn - 09-21-2020, 04:55 PM