Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Stats
Photo 
I'm still having problems with the really low Explorer stats I'm getting for the rides, and now whole rides are missing from my weekly digest. I have no idea what is going on. The stats seemed to work before when it recorded the longest ride I've done - approx 55 miles on July 26th, 7108 spins. I haven't been writing down each ride so can't tell when the problem started.

Best  can tell, my bike agrees with the mileage shown in the rides themselves, minus the odd minor jump. My spin estimate of 130 spins = 1 mile agrees well enough with the mileage shown by the bike and by each ride as it counts down. 

The rides themselves behave totally fine with the miles counting down correlating to the number of spins the ride shows. After a break, the spin numbers reset but the ride continues from the proper point and the miles continue to count down. I'm on difficulty 1, but that should only affect how the optional trainer operates, not the stats.

The last ride on August 29th, the usage page shows I did 272 spins instead of the 3001 in the 'completed ride' photo!  https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=5F728621 
No idea why the mileage on the photo is so off - I think it was fine until then. 

Three of the four rides I completed don't show in my weekly digest.

Received August 30, 2020:
Hello laurel, this is your weekly digest from VZfit.
You completed 10,308 spins this week. Your goal was 5,000 spins. You burned an estimated 1,562 calories.
VZFit Explorer
You completed the following rides this week:
  • VRFS: Bealach na Bà - Scotland
Here is a screen shot of the usage page for the last week:  https://scontent.fyvr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v...e=5F714B1B 

This is what I actually completed:
August 24: the scotland ride as above, completed in one day
August 25: GoHybrids 67's Rutti to Lucerne V2, completed in one day
August 27: Mguerena's Nova Scotia Cabot Trial, completed in one day
August 29: Mguerena's N Ireland Causeway Coast, completed in one day and in a single uninterrupted session

Thanks,
Laurel
Hi laurel,

Still looking into all this. We do have records that you completed those four rides so that may be a separate problem with our digest, adding that to the list.

Also your 130 spins/mile estimate at difficulty 1 is about right. Earlier I said difficulty 5 on flat ground under max speed would take 360 spins but it's actually 240, and difficulty 1 goes twice as fast.
I completed a 7500 spin cycle ride and 20 percent through the Badlands tonight and it didn't count at all. I logged back into Explorer after and it added the 20 percent to the Badlands but didn't add my 7500 or so spins, which is gutting as its by fat the most Ive ever done in one sitting.

I know Robert Collins is on it so hopefully sorted tomorrow but thought I'd report it here too for a log.
I'm on it too ;-> Don't worry your progress isn't being lost and we can recover your spins after finding the core problem.

What's happening is that some "interim" saves are being dropped because our server says that have malformed requests. So far our diagnostics haven't told us how exactly, but it might be due to the way you (and some others) are triggering those saves. I listed all the cases above that cause saves, and it's possible that one of those conditions isn't allowing all our server calls to go out before the system interrupts, for instance by taking you back to Oculus pause screen.

Can you recall if you went to the pause screen during your ride, or if you turned or otherwise put the headset to sleep, before getting to the end? Any info you and laurel can further provide can help us with a repro.
As far as spins, the last two days have recorded properly - one ride split in two: vrfs great dolomites road italy. I was so glad to see that. Note that I"m having the same problem I'm seeing in finish line photos others have posted: insanely high miles for the ride at the finish. The miles seemed to behave properly until then.

About the ones that didn't record properly, to see what the difference there might be, I tried various methods for when I needed a short break, from doing nothing but taking off the headset, to going to the oculus menu to pause first, to closing the VZfit app entirely before taking off the headset. I've got the headset set to sleep at 15 minutes, although it has occasionally lost tracking during the break, needed a restart. I'm sure I did all these various things on earlier rides when the stats were recording properly as I'm still learning what works least badly. Oculus reminds me a bit of my first PC - a proper miracle but a little cranky.

I'm starting the Death Valley ride today and will make a note of how I pause and what happens.

Interesting info about spins and the difficulty level. Thank you. Don't think I'll ever put this old body through difficulty 5! I have the bike tension set at 4 (midway), which feels like a level paved road. And even so, going uphill seems to take more effort!
Was riding the Badwater ride and had a little over 2000 spins when I got disconnected. No matter what I did I could not progress. Tried changing modes but nothing. I checked my stats and the spins aren't showing. Big Bummer!! My progress was kept which was a big plus as I am almost finished with this ride. This will be my 7th and last.
(09-01-2020, 04:23 PM)emalafeew Wrote: I'm on it too ;->  Don't worry your progress isn't being lost and we can recover your spins after finding the core problem.  

What's happening is that some "interim" saves are being dropped because our server says that have malformed requests.  So far our diagnostics haven't told us how exactly, but it might be due to the way you (and some others) are triggering those saves.  I listed all the cases above that cause saves, and it's possible that one of those conditions isn't allowing all our server calls to go out before the system interrupts, for instance by taking you back to Oculus pause screen.  

Can you recall if you went to the pause screen during your ride, or if you turned or otherwise put the headset to sleep, before getting to the end?  Any info you and laurel can further provide can help us with a repro.

I rode for 7500 spins without taking the headset off and then used the menu to Exit Explorer as I always do. The one difference between this and previous rides though was that around the 4000 spin mark I stopped and stood up for a minute to get some saddle relief and browsed the customisation option and then again immediately after finishing my ride I went into it and bought some clothing upgrades.

Maybe doing that stopped the spins from being counted?
The first third of the VRFS: Badwater - USA ride went fine and recorded perfectly on the usage page - YAY! 6017 spins, 47.3 miles in the app, 46.6 miles according to my bike. One break where I went to the oculus menu and then removed headset without covering the lenses. When I returned, the oculus home showed but I clicked on Explorer and the location loaded immediately without my having to reconnect and it kept the spins and time.

During the ride, I changed options occasionally, used a trainer for a bit, took a video through Oculus, tried to back up get a photo of the famous coyote... the usual.

Kevin - great about reaching 7500 spins! I don't know if I'll ever get there.
We increased the memory limit on our server processes last night, around 7 pm Eastern, and seems to have fixed all problems. We'll go back and try to fixup missing spins, and further optimize our server to avoid this happening again. Thanks for all the feedback!
Thanks for getting this fixed!