Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug - Trainer resets on jump to next location.
This started happening, I believe after the June release. I usually ride in explorer with a trainer doing HIIT intervals. The intensity pattern in this mode is

Medium-30s, Hard-18s, All Out-12s X 5 reps
Light-120s
Medium-30s, Hard-18s, All Out-12s X 5 reps
Light-60s
Repeat

What’s happening now when either “jumping to next location” or, hitting the last visible dot and there’s a lag in loading more dots, is that the trainer will reset from wherever it is in the above sequence to the beginning of the sequence.

While seemingly minor, I’ve found it to be surprisingly disruptive as I’ve got a tendency to go extra hard on the last rep or two knowing there’s a break coming up to recover only to have to sequence reset.

Since this wasn’t always the case, is it possible to restore the original behavior where the trainer’s intensity level/timer doesn’t reset in these cases?
You're right, around that time we started treating large jumps (including changing rides) as trainer resets, in order to solve problems with trainer disappearing.

We can look into not resetting the trainer's time-into-workout then. Glad you noticed, we want to do more along this line, by showing you where you are in the trainer workout, and better showing the outline of each workout.
I suspected that it had to do with keeping the trainer nearby - that’s noticeable and appreciated!

The tentative improvement you’re thinking about also sound great to me someone who swears by the HIIT workout - it feel that HIIT helps me to burn a lot of calories during my workout in an efficient way.

I’ve used the Seconds Pro app as an interval timer (at times when I couldn’t use VZfit when my quest was out for service), and the thing it does during a workout is to show the time remaining on the current interval (of course) and what the next interval will be, and I’ve found that helpful.
Btw we just fixed an issue in latest build that was resulting in more jumps than necessary. Hopefully that helps until we can preserve trainer time-in-workout.