Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More animated rides, please
I have ride on my Wahoo Snap with VZfit Play and Explorer in Oculus Quest.  Surprisingly I found the 3D-animated scene in Play is much more immersive and enjoyable than the 2D-photo-rendered scene in Explorer.  The idea of Explorer draws me in, but the animated ride in Play actually wins me over.  My main purpose is to exercise with racing as secondary idea to motivate me going and pushing harder and I found Cali Rally is the one I enjoy most and use a lot.  

Later I also start using Zwift.  Although VZfit does not provide resistance to simulate uphill, but the steering capability and 3D immersion feeling make it even superior than what Zwift can offer.  To me VZfit 3D animated race can rival ZWift easily and I do hope that the VZfit developer would recognize the potential and put more focus in that direction.

The only downside of using VR headset is the sweating problem, but it will eventually be addressed with new headset coming up.  I really hope to see more animated routes coming up in the VZfit Play soon!!

Thanks a lot for such great exercise platform.

PS: VZfit works with Wahoo built-in speed sensor in my Snap (a low-cost trainer) flawlessly. VZfit needs to update and promote such compatibility better since there may be Wahoo owner like me was hesitate to try VZfit because "additional cost" on cadence sensor, which is actually not needed.
It seems there is not much response or post in this forum. I wonder if someone has use the SDK to make the new animated ride and share with others? Is there such community existed? Also, will the free tier user be able to use the SDK-developed game?

Thanks for the reply!
Would love to see more animated rides, and even leave off the gate challenges.
I've been toying with the idea of making a sort of "BMX arena" like a big open area with jumps and stuff where you could just ride around infinitely... I've been crazy busy with work lately but always in the back of my mind I'm thinking of ideas...
I am not sure how much interest Vzfit will have in this specific area. To me, it is a big winner and I would love to see someone working in this direction. I google out an old thread "SDK feedback" and saw some work by Stain2319. I am not a software programmer either, but I do program data analysis algorithm and code at work. I would love to catch up with people still using VZfit and have used SDK in the past.

Thanks!
(08-10-2020, 05:44 PM)dukja Wrote: I have ride on my Wahoo Snap with VZfit Play and Explorer in Oculus Quest.  Surprisingly I found the 3D-animated scene in Play is much more immersive and enjoyable than the 2D-photo-rendered scene in Explorer.  The idea of Explorer draws me in, but the animated ride in Play actually wins me over.  My main purpose is to exercise with racing as secondary idea to motivate me going and pushing harder and I found Cali Rally is the one I enjoy most and use a lot.  

Later I also start using Zwift.  Although VZfit does not provide resistance to simulate uphill, but the steering capability and 3D immersion feeling make it even superior than what Zwift can offer.  To me VZfit 3D animated race can rival ZWift easily and I do hope that the VZfit developer would recognize the potential and put more focus in that direction.

The only downside of using VR headset is the sweating problem, but it will eventually be addressed with new headset coming up.  I really hope to see more animated routes coming up in the VZfit Play soon!!

PS: VZfit works with Wahoo built-in speed sensor in my Snap (a low-cost trainer) flawlessly. VZfit needs to update and promote such compatibility better since there may be Wahoo owner like me was hesitate to try VZfit because "additional cost" on cadence sensor, which is actually not needed.

I just got the SNAP, and started using it a couple of days ago. I’m still getting used to it. I Would love to see VZFIT take advantage of some of the more advanced features of trainers like the SNAP.

While the animated rides are fine, I really like Explore. I’ve used it to tour Japan. I’m roughly 1800 miles through Russia now. I love the changing scenery.
Sorry for the delay in the response, we have been focused on getting this release out and the VRFitness summit stuff!

We are looking at adding more animated rides in the future, and will probably focus on area's with poor coverage in Explorer like China, Africa, Germany etc. The animated rides do take a while to create and we are working on somebig projects right now so no ETA.

As far as the trainer goes, most of our past reviews and coverage does not mention it because the functionality is relatively new to our game and we are trying to figure out the best way to message it. Most feedback on our website says that it would be better if simplified so it's always a balance of what we surface on the top vs what we make people dig for.
(08-13-2020, 08:02 AM)Shon_T Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 05:44 PM)dukja Wrote: I have ride on my Wahoo Snap with VZfit Play and Explorer in Oculus Quest.  Surprisingly I found the 3D-animated scene in Play is much more immersive and enjoyable than the 2D-photo-rendered scene in Explorer.  The idea of Explorer draws me in, but the animated ride in Play actually wins me over.  My main purpose is to exercise with racing as secondary idea to motivate me going and pushing harder and I found Cali Rally is the one I enjoy most and use a lot.  

PS: VZfit works with Wahoo built-in speed sensor in my Snap (a low-cost trainer) flawlessly.  VZfit needs to update and promote such compatibility better since there may be Wahoo owner like me was hesitate to try VZfit because "additional cost" on cadence sensor, which is actually not needed.

I just got the SNAP, and started using it a couple of days ago. I’m still getting used to it. I Would love to see VZFIT take advantage of some of the more advanced features of trainers like the SNAP.

While the animated rides are fine, I really like Explore. I’ve used it to tour Japan. I’m roughly 1800 miles through Russia now. I love the changing scenery.

We're looking to add controllable resistance over the FTMS bluetooth standard this coming sprint.  

It's unclear if the SNAP supports that, we may ask for your help to tell what it has.  Manufacturers don't usually say what bluetooth protocol they use, and they often combine a custom protocol for resistance with an older standard for speed.  Dcrainmaker.com independently tries to report on protocols and claims the Kickr original and SNAP support FTMS, but they've been wrong with the M2 trainer and other sites claim the Kickr does not yet support FTMS.  Fun!
(08-17-2020, 11:52 AM)emalafeew Wrote: We're looking to add controllable resistance over the FTMS bluetooth standard this coming sprint.  

It's unclear if the SNAP supports that, we may ask for your help to tell what it has.  Manufacturers don't usually say what bluetooth protocol they use, and they often combine a custom protocol for resistance with an older standard for speed.  Dcrainmaker.com independently tries to report on protocols and claims the Kickr original and SNAP support FTMS, but they've been wrong with the M2 trainer and other sites claim the Kickr does not yet support FTMS.  Fun!

Yeah... The info is quite limited and I have heard pretty much the same thing as you. I wish the manufacturers could work more directly with you...I mean... it would be in their best interest to do so... even if at the very least they just provided the specs so you know what protocol they are using.

I know the SNAP has integrated automatic resistance on Zwift, so I know at least theoretically it is possible. I took a risk that it might possibly maybe someday be an option going into this purchase... but I knew that going in...
Well, there are some few things I'd like to be added to Virzoom and this could be definetely the best fitness application on VR:
1) training using the bike tracks of VZPlay, that are more accurate than the images taken from StreetView;
2) custom interval/hiit training;
3) more bike tracks for VZPlay.
What about?