Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No data at that locatiopn
I tried to start a ride by inputting the lat/long of the beginning location, but got the above message, or something like that.  

This is an off-road street view created by a google backpacker.  I occupied an X on the google street view, and then put that into to the beginning location.  With the said result.

The LL is 37.9855339,-109.6238896

thoughts?

john
(07-25-2020, 12:55 PM)salviati Wrote: I tried to start a ride by inputting the lat/long of the beginning location, but got the above message, or something like that.  

This is an off-road street view created by a google backpacker.  I occupied an X on the google street view, and then put that into to the beginning location.  With the said result.

The LL is 37.9855339,-109.6238896

thoughts?

john

When I enter the GPS data point you provided above... it shows a point that is off the street a good 20 feet... off the street view. 37.9855248,-109.6239259 is the point I get from the street view in the same area.

I would suggest zooming in as close as possible when selecting a google street view point... or just using the link that comes off the google street view picture (I pulled the above coordinates off the Google street view picture on the http address line). 

If you aren't zoomed in as close as possible... Google may not grab accurate coordinates. from farther away...it looks like your LL point is right on the road, but zoomed in... it is not.
Explorer filters out off-road images when looking up lat/lon, because found they are usually not connected in a path, and also don't contain the depth data needed for Country mode continuous riding.