Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User guide? Question on various settings
I was super excited to find out about this app - I ordered my cadence sensor and waited impatiently for it to arrive... I then played the games for about an hour on first launch, completely lost in immersion and sweating like crazy. Then I stopped and realized I was massively motion sick. Big Grin

It was bad enough that for the next week when I put on the Oculus Quest headset I'd get queasy. So after that settled down I went in to try again, and went to Explore instead of Play. Again I had a great experience, but couldn't get the hang of steering without getting woozy - so turned on Autosteer. That has helped a lot. This leads to my question - is there a guide to what all of the various options accomplish? I'm nervous about trial and error when it appears that I might be sensitive. It also drives me crazy that this bothers me - but that's another topic - I want to dive in and play everything, but that might not be an option for me.
Hi it’s definitely possible to overdo things initially!

To read what all the options and buttons do in Explorer, click the ? button at the top right of each menu screen.

There are other threads about options that help reduce sickness but can highlight them again here—

- Take it easy your first time playing, don’t pedal or steer too hard
- a table fan in front of you can keep you cool and help with immersion.
- in Play, play through “green/comfortable” games before “yellow/moderate” games then “red/intense” games
- in Explorer avoid twisty roads initially, and read the ride reviews forum for rides which have the smoothest transitions
- the biggest hammer to continued motion sickness is comfort mode, which turns Explorer into an interactive slideshow
- other options that may help are 3rd person view (reduces distortion and sense of motion), monoscopic (reduces depth perception artifacts), and city mode (which overlays virtual flat roads)
- autosteering is useful to remove your body from the equation or until you gain good speed and turning control. When using autosteering keep your eyes on the dots ahead as that will cause your head to turn as the avatar goes around curves, which is how our motion controls work in reverse to keep your eyes and ear in balance
In addition to what Eric suggested you can check out this section of our website for more info on playing.

https://www.virzoom.com/help/
(07-06-2020, 05:49 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: In addition to what Eric suggested you can check out this section of our website for more info on playing.

https://www.virzoom.com/help/

I read it and learned something new. Smile

Also...it might need an update on FM radio and Autosteering...
We are working on a more knowledge based version that should be easier to search etc. Will work all the most recent updates into that Smile