Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pedalsephone Prize Event
Spring seems right around the corner here in New England, so we're celebrating with a VZfit Play Event called "Pedalsephone".  Persephone was the goddess of spring, who our lead artist Pete Mac has envisioned riding VirZOOM on our Events Page.

Events are global leaderboards for all VZfit riders around a certain game, time period, and scoring method.  This event is for Le Tour, goes until the end of April, and is based on game score (pure spins and time are the other options).

Tips on scoring in Le Tour:
1. You get coins for going through each gate in the time alloted, which you can see ticking down on your handlebars. 
2. Each gate also has a bonus challenge such as passing a number of riders, hitting a top speed, or holding a speed.

We don't factor in your bike resistance or difficulty.  What's most important is that you get a workout, so if you make those too easy you're only cheating yourself   Angel

We're awarding a $100 gift certificate to the rider with the most accumulated score at the end, so get out there!
Suggestion: Moving this thread to the "Important Threads" area would improve visibility!

Question: If I'm understanding the rules of this Event correctly, it's not your single best score, but the scores of all of your sessions totaled together?

If that's the case, I reckon I'll have a big, unfair advantage, since I just happened to have an Oculus Go AND the original VirZoom bike already. I'd feel bad for winning with such an advantage, so... I'll go ahead and request that if I win, you defer the prize to 2nd place. Or maybe in lieu of the prize I could "sponsor" a VZ Sensor Kit giveaway, over on the Oculus forums or something?
(03-26-2019, 09:11 PM)CrashFu Wrote: Suggestion:  Moving this thread to the "Important Threads" area would improve visibility!

Question:  If I'm understanding the rules of this Event correctly,  it's not your single best score, but the scores of all of your sessions totaled together?

If that's the case, I reckon I'll have a big, unfair advantage, since I just happened to have an Oculus Go AND the original VirZoom bike already.  I'd feel bad for winning with such an advantage, so... I'll go ahead and request that if I win, you defer the prize to 2nd place.  Or maybe in lieu of the prize I could "sponsor" a VZ Sensor Kit giveaway, over on the Oculus forums or something?

Suggestion followed... we'll demote this and promote new Events when they occur.

Your place is based on all your session scores together.  But the rules state "your odds of winning are weighted by your accumulated score at the end of the event."  So being 1st place doesn't make you the prize winner, but gives you the best odds in a random drawing relative to everyone else's scores.

And you're not alone in having a Go and bike/sensor now, several people have theirs and everyone else is getting this week.  Big Grin   To those folks I'd say get a move on!  

Note you must play it from the Events option on the main menu, riding Le Tour from the Workouts option doesn't count toward Event scoring.
Ah hah, there's already another contestant! In fact they've taken a few thousand point lead over me. Guess I was worried for nothin'. Wink

I also see an entry under the "Teams" tab.. "Northwest YMCA, score 450". Huh.

How does "team" participation in an event work?
(03-28-2019, 12:16 AM)CrashFu Wrote: Ah hah,  there's already another contestant! In fact they've taken a few thousand point lead over me.  Guess I was worried for nothin'.  Wink

I also see an entry under the "Teams" tab..  "Northwest YMCA,  score 450".   Huh.

How does "team" participation in an event work?

We have some commercial customers who own multiple systems and have team assignments, so the events are effectively cross-platform, as people could individually sign into the commercial systems temporarily and register a score for themselves and also contribute to the team score for that location.

We've talked internally about what to do with teams for home users.  Would love to hear some ideas from people.
We didn't want to make a team for each home user, but if some of you want to band together I'll happily assign you a team. Note that commercial bikes get 5-10x the usage of home bikes, but they could use a little competition on events!

Also note we have a custom event system where teams can challenge other teams in private events. Each team has captain that can make and accept invitations to those.
Curiosity Questions:

If a Team wins a prize-event, what happens?  Do you send each member a fraction of the award, or is the hosting gym / company / whatever left to decide what to do with it?

How does your weighted-drawing system work?  Is it like, every point scored is one drawing, or more like, the highest scorer gets a fixed number of chances, the second-highest gets a lower number, etc.?

And P.S.   Wow, Julia is kicking my butt!  Also have a couple more individual contestants and another team on the board.   Big Grin
(04-02-2019, 11:36 PM)CrashFu Wrote: Curiosity Questions:

If a Team wins a prize-event, what happens?  Do you send each member a fraction of the award, or is the hosting gym / company / whatever left to decide what to do with it?

How does your weighted-drawing system work?  Is it like, every point scored is one drawing, or more like, the highest scorer gets a fixed number of chances, the second-highest gets a lower number, etc.?

And P.S.   Wow, Julia is kicking my butt!  Also have a couple more individual contestants and another team on the board.   Big Grin

Teams aren't factored into prize winnings.  That's more for bragging rights, so it's only for individuals who participate.

It's basically every point scored is one drawing.  Proportional relative to the total score submitted by all participants.  It's NOT like the NBA draft lottery where your position establishes a percentage chance of winning.

This system is definitely going to evolve, but we wanted to encourage individuals to participate.
Do event scores cap at 100,000, or did Nick007 just manage to hit that exact number and decide his work was done? Wink

If it's the former, maybe that means the rest of us actually have a chance of catching up, haha. Big Grin
Haha looking into it now!

UPDATE: There's no bug, that's the correct score Cool