Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TERRIBLE performance of TUNAI button + CooSpo sensor
Photo 
(05-21-2020, 10:54 PM)jwarburg Wrote: Hi Alex,

I'm going to message you via support regarding the TUNAI.  As for the sensor, I don't know the exact method that CooSpo is using, but would expect the radius to not matter as you said.  But if the position of it is changing while you're riding and it gets off-axis then I would definitely expect bad data from it as a result.  Can you try it for a bit facing out but exaggerate your foot position to make sure you don't hit it?  Just to confirm that it's functioning properly otherwise?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason!

okay, the update came in, and I tested mounting the sensor farther away from the axle. I attached a picture of where I have it now vs. where I had it before. Indeed, the sensor is much more reliable when it is mounted farther from the axle, suggesting that they need the radial acceleration somehow. What a silly design choice, if you ask me! There is still a delay between pedaling and the game, but at least it's reliable, meaning that I can actually do sprints now!

The button also works, but you can't hold the A button down. I can reliably re-center the view and use the game HUD, but most games unfortunately still don't work. At least the bike races and the explorer are playable now, which is already nice!

Maybe there is something you can do in software to enable button holding? I hope the TUNAI button sends a signal upon release of a button as well, otherwise I'd imagine that you can't really do anything about it...

Best,
Alex

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: TERRIBLE performance of TUNAI button + CooSpo sensor - by atrettin - 05-22-2020, 09:23 AM