Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support for the Oculus Rift
(07-08-2020, 05:57 PM)Zeus3k Wrote: As a Rift owner, I would love to see VZFit supported.  I'm not going to buy another VR headset when everything else seems to support Rift.  Disappointed as I bought the cadence sensor and was ready to jump in this.  It was a surprise why vzfit wouldn't show up in preview apps.   Now I know why.  Sad

Yeah...I own the Rift...and it is hard to justify a purchase of the Rift-S or the Quest, when you can still basically do almost everything with the Rift. I do really like the Go however, it is a completely different headset.

I like the fact that the Go is much lighter and less expensive... It is much more comfortable to wear and lay down, lounge around, or even exercise with. After I purchased the Go, I surprisingly found that it got way more use than my Rift. The fact that it it self contained and portable makes it much easier to take to a different room, etc.  For example...when my exercise room I was using during the winter became too hot while biking in the summer, it was easy to just take my exercise bike and Go and move to a room with better insulation and less sun exposure.

I've thrown the Go in a bag when I go on business trips...and when I come back to my hotel room...I've got a home theater waiting for me! One time, I was on a personal trip, and I was staying in an apartment in Hong Kong the size of a closet. The Go made it seem like that room was 3000 square feet! I've used the Go on an airplane... that mixed with Bose noise canceling headphones was heaven when I was trying to sleep! no light or noise pollution! 

Too bad Oculus is discontinuing support of the GO, because, as "VR Light" goes...I actually quite enjoy the Go. I hear rumors Oculus was getting ready to announce a newer lighter version of the Quest, but that was delayed due to COVID-19. I plan to keep using my Go until it dies...but I will be interested to see what the updated Quest might offer.

Messages In This Thread
Support for the Oculus Rift - by JokerZero - 05-01-2020, 09:14 AM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 05-01-2020, 04:42 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by emalafeew - 05-01-2020, 05:30 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 05-02-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Loyalty - 05-05-2020, 07:12 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Zeus3k - 07-08-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 07-08-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by KevinBrook - 07-12-2020, 11:17 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by Shon_T - 07-13-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: Support for the Oculus Rift - by petercrowley - 02-15-2021, 05:34 AM