Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
explorer and training
How do i access explorer and training from my headset?
Hi Crossflix,

You need to install Explorer like you installed Play, then launch it from the Oculus dashboard. You can also launch it from the Play main menu.

Once in Explorer, access the main menu using the compass button, select the Options menu, and change "Trainer: None" to Female or Male. You can then optionally change "Workout: Interval" to another workout type. Then back out of the menus using the "<" button and start your ride!

Note you can toggle the Trainer or change the Workout at any point along a ride. They will also follow you to new rides until you turn them off.

For more information about using Explorer see https://www.virzoom.com/2018/11/28/vzfit-explorer-help/
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the trainer will be available if you are riding in "comfort mode".
That's correct, and I've updated the Explorer documentation to note that.

At some point we could bring it back for Comfort Mode, but currently the trainer's relative motion looks broken against a slideshow scene backdrop.
(04-02-2020, 07:01 PM)emalafeew Wrote: That's correct, and I've updated the Explorer documentation to note that.

At some point we could bring it back for Comfort Mode, but currently the trainer's relative motion looks broken against a slideshow scene backdrop.

Yeah...I don't mind it...I just wanted to mention it, just in case they were using "comfort" mode and couldn't find it.
Just an idea- perhaps for comfort mode you could have "training without the trainer", where you simply get a popup timer on the screen that says PEDAL HARD FOR X SECONDS or TAKE IT EASY FOR 1 MINUTE and so on.  Something to achieve the same interval/timing effect without needing a visible trainer...
The idea of the voice only prompts would be a great addition to the "comfort" mode. Please consider!!
Okay we've got "make trainer work in Comfort Mode" in the backlog, with these notes!
Hello, I've only just set up my VZFit with an Oculus Go and a 'swing racer' I can access everything in the games area but when I come out of games and go into Explorer I get the message "Permissions required to connect to bike" whait the instruction below "Press for Permissions" Floating above the 'Perss for" is a very small object that looks as if it just might be the Oculus controller with a very small arrow pointing to the trigger button. When I press this all the happens in that the screen refreshes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your assistance, Ron

Hello, I've only just set up my VZFit with an Oculus Go and a 'swing racer' I can access everything in the games area but when I come out of games and go into Explorer I get the message "Permissions required to connect to bike" with the instruction below "Press for Permissions". Floating above the 'Press for" is a very small object that looks as if it just might be the Oculus controller with a very small arrow pointing to the trigger button. When I press this all the happens in that the screen refreshes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your assistance, Ron
Hey Ron, you can manually set the permissions in the library. These instructions are for the Quest but it should be almost the exact same process on the Go. https://help.altvr.com/hc/en-us/articles...ulus-Quest