Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumb controller not responding
(03-20-2020, 03:30 AM)emalafeew Wrote: To be specific the controller button is tuned to sleep at 3 minutes.  That's fine for most games in Play, but unless you like ringing the bell that often in Explorer, it means you'll have to hit it once to wake at the end of a ride.  Ideally a keypress would be sent after waking, which the button won't do itself but I might be able hack on reconnection.

It is what it is.  Often times the controller does not respond after the first, second, or even third press. Sometimes I have to hit the center "on" button and press "A" several times until the controller decides to reconnect. I suspect that since I am doing this blindly...I might not always be hitting the right button..for example...I will sometimes find I am hitting the volume control instead. 

I am currently in the middle of a 495 mile ride. I have been mapping my journey...so periodically, I need to go to the menu in order to write down the GPS coordinates for mapping purposes, especially when turning or navigating through a particularly complex intersection. 

My ride started in a densely populated city, then to less populated areas, out to a mountainous area, and back to a city again...etc. I periodically go to the menu in order to switch between Country, City, and Comfort mode.  Occasionally, On a two or three hour ride, I will get a phone call from my wife, etc. that I have to take (Try sending your significant other to VM and tell me how that goes, LOL), which means again...pausing the ride. I'm not doing this every 3 minutes.... but it could be multiple times over the course of a ride. 

I imagine my personal use case is not typical.

Messages In This Thread
Thumb controller not responding - by EllDan - 03-19-2020, 03:16 PM
RE: Thumb controller not responding - by EllDan - 03-19-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Thumb controller not responding - by Shon_T - 03-19-2020, 04:01 PM
RE: Thumb controller not responding - by Snowpelt - 03-19-2020, 11:19 PM
RE: Thumb controller not responding - by Shon_T - 03-20-2020, 01:26 AM
RE: Thumb controller not responding - by Shon_T - 03-20-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: Thumb controller not responding - by Shon_T - 03-20-2020, 06:40 PM