Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VZfit Game Pad no working
I am posting this thread hoping that someone can HELP me. The problem is that after replacing the battery in the game pad all the buttons on the game-pad no longer work. After reestablishing a wifi connection within the Oculus Quest app under settings / connections, etc., the "A" button & the +/- volume buttons no longer work. Now I emailed VZfit and they emailed me back saying I will probably need to repair / fix the game pad but they  did not explain how to do that so I emailed them back but now they just ignore me. No matter how many times I email them now they just ignore me. QUESTION? Can someone help me with this issue. I love VZfit I think VZfit is a great product, Dave.
Hey Dave,
I just checked and it looks like we have replied several times to your ticket in the last few days. If you can check your email in the spam folder maybe? You most likely just need to repair the controller to the headset as swapping the battery resets the pairing. The last support message is below on the off chance it helps someone else as well:

This video will show you how to pair if needed:
https://vimeo.com/375456527

The center button (Bluetooth symbol) does two things.

Hold for four seconds to put the button into pairing mode (like in the setup video)

Hold for two seconds to simply turn on

Once pairing has taken place you shouldn’t need to pair it again, but Rob’s suggestion to do that here makes sense. But once it has been paired, there is always the possibility that it could simply be Off. So holding the center button for only two seconds would turn it back on.

If you hold it for four seconds and put it in pairing mode I believe the other buttons would not do anything as you are describing. Also at some point it would simply shut itself off.

I would definitely try to pair it again to make sure it is connected to the headset. But after that, if at any time you don’t see the LED flashing when pressing a button, I would try the two second press to turn it on.
For clarity, in this context when Snowpelt (or support) says "repair" this means "re-pair" as opposed to "fix", as in "un-pair the device and pair again". I sense a bit of confusion in the OP about the terms used and hopefully this helps.
(03-03-2020, 04:30 AM)Stain2319 Wrote: For clarity, in this context when Snowpelt (or support) says "repair" this means "re-pair" as opposed to "fix", as in "un-pair the device and pair again".  I sense a bit of confusion in the OP about the terms used and hopefully this helps.

Thanks for your response, I will check this out and have checked the spam. Also, there is no confusion on my part about the word "repair", just saying thanks again, Dave

(03-03-2020, 02:26 AM)Snowpelt Wrote: Hey Dave,
I just checked and it looks like we have replied several times to your ticket in the last few days. If you can check your email in the spam folder maybe?  You most likely just need to repair the controller to the headset as swapping the battery resets the pairing. The last support message is below on the off chance it helps someone else as well:

This video will show you how to pair if needed:
https://vimeo.com/375456527

The center button (Bluetooth symbol) does two things.

Hold for four seconds to put the button into pairing mode (like in the setup video)

Hold for two seconds to simply turn on

Once pairing has taken place you shouldn’t need to pair it again, but Rob’s suggestion to do that here makes sense.  But once it has been paired, there is always the possibility that it could simply be Off.  So holding the center button for only two seconds would turn it back on.

If you hold it for four seconds and put it in pairing mode I believe the other buttons would not do anything as you are describing.  Also at some point it would simply shut itself off.

I would definitely try to pair it again to make sure it is connected to the headset.  But after that, if at any time you don’t see the LED flashing when pressing a button, I would try the two second press to turn it on.

I paired the VZfit game pad right after replacing the battery. The game pad is definitely "paired'' but the buttons still do not work, so what do I do now? Thanks Dave
I paired the VZfit game pad right after replacing the battery. The game pad is definitely "paired'' but the buttons still do not work, so what do I do now? Thanks Dave
(03-03-2020, 03:44 PM)dmenefee Wrote: I paired the VZfit game pad right after replacing the battery. The game pad is definitely "paired'' but the buttons still do not work, so what do I do now? Thanks Dave

So to confirm, the blue light is turning on when you push the button. But in the headset none of the buttons do anything?  The volume should go up and down even if your not in our games.  Can you toss em a screenshot of how it appears paired in your oculus app on your phone?

Thanks!
(03-03-2020, 06:45 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 03:44 PM)dmenefee Wrote: I paired the VZfit game pad right after replacing the battery. The game pad is definitely "paired'' but the buttons still do not work, so what do I do now? Thanks Dave

So to confirm, the blue light is turning on when you push the button. But in the headset none of the buttons do anything?  The volume should go up and down even if your not in our games.  Can you toss em a screenshot of how it appears paired in your oculus app on your phone?

Thanks!

What do you mean by "toss em a screenshot of how it appears paired in your oculus app on your phone?" Who is the "em"? Remember VZfit no longer respond to any of my emails. Thanks Dave
(03-03-2020, 08:20 PM)dmenefee Wrote:

Thanks!

What do you mean by "toss em a screenshot of how it appears paired in your oculus app on your phone?" Who is the "em"? Remember VZfit no longer respond to any of my emails. Thanks Dave

Hey Dave,
As I confirmed above we are getting all of your emails and replying so if you can send in a screenshot we can take a look at it and reply here. Alternatively, you could add one to a post here using the add attachment button.
(03-03-2020, 09:09 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:

Thanks!

Hey Dave,
As I confirmed above we are getting all of your emails and replying so if you can send in a screenshot we can take a look at it and reply here. Alternatively, you could add one to a post here using the add attachment button.

Below is a screen shot within the Oculus Quest app showing the VZfit Button controller wifi link. Also, could you send me the last timestamp of the of the most recent email VZfit sent me concerning this issue, not the advertisement emails because I get all those. Also, those links to the video clips showing how to set up the wifi VZfit I new about and reviewed long before I purchased VZfit but thanks anyways. Also do you realize however those videos show a  "3 second" press of the center wifi button and your response here in this discussion form says either "2 seconds" OR "4 seconds". Question? which is it "3 seconds", like those videos say or your "4 second" press: a minor point perhaps but a discrepancy non the less. Awaiting your reply, thanks again, Dave.

Thanks!

Hey Dave,
Below is a screen shot within the Oculus Quest app showing the VZfit Button controller wifi link. Also, could you send me the last timestamp of the of the most recent email VZfit sent me concerning this issue, not the advertisements emails because I get all those. Also, those links to the video clips showing how to set up the wifi VZfit I new about and reviewed long before I purchased VZfit. Do you realize however those videos show a  "3 second" press of the center wifi button and your response here in this discussion form says either "2 seconds" OR "4 seconds". Question? which is it "3 seconds", like those videos say or your "4 second" press a minor point perhaps but a discrepancy non the less.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-04-2020, 06:14 PM)dmenefee Wrote:

Thanks!

Hey Dave,

Below is a screen shot within the Oculus Quest app showing the VZfit Button controller wifi link. Also, could you send me the last timestamp of the of the most recent email VZfit sent me concerning this issue, not the advertisement emails because I get all those. Also, those links to the video clips showing how to set up the wifi VZfit I new about and reviewed long before I purchased VZfit but thanks anyways. Also do you realize however those videos show a  "3 second" press of the center wifi button and your response here in this discussion form says either "2 seconds" OR "4 seconds". Question? which is it "3 seconds", like those videos say or your "4 second" press: a minor point perhaps but a discrepancy non the less. Awaiting your reply, thanks again, Dave.

Thanks!

Hey Dave,
Below is a screen shot within the Oculus Quest app showing the VZfit Button controller wifi link. Also, could you send me the last timestamp of the of the most recent email VZfit sent me concerning this issue, not the advertisements emails because I get all those. Also, those links to the video clips showing how to set up the wifi VZfit I new about and reviewed long before I purchased VZfit. Do you realize however those videos show a  "3 second" press of the center wifi button and your response here in this discussion form says either "2 seconds" OR "4 seconds". Question? which is it "3 seconds", like those videos say or your "4 second" press a minor point perhaps but a discrepancy non the less.

Hey Dave,
Last thing you could try is pairing it directly to your phone to see if the volume control works there, but at this point everything looks like it's properly paired.  We can send you out another one, I tried to find your order number to get the shipping information but couldn't find it.  Mind letting me know your order number and I will get it shipped out tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble Sad