Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neck pinching while looking up
Quick update on this, in case it benefits anyone. (Just to cover my butt: I'm not seeking medical advice, nor is this intended as medical advice.)

Because of the forward posture of the bike (I have a Proform 505 SPX Indoor Cycle), my neck muscles are exerted more in order to hold my head up. This puts some strain on the muscles in the back of my neck, but I anticipate this will go away with more reps.

I spend most of my time in the game with my chin tucked (to keep a neutral spine). I have my eyes tracking the top of the VR display, which is where the horizon is located in this posture. My favorite games are the car and bike racing games, and I've been able to play those very effectively in this posture.

For the head-aiming games (tank, helicopter), my head range of motion is too limited with the forward posture, so I don't play those.

If I was purely buying this for the gaming perspective, I would probably invest in an upright bike. However, I really like how much of my body feels engaged with the spin bike.

My only piece of feedback: if you haven't already, consider putting some information about spin vs recumbent bikes on your website. I bought a bike and headset specifically for this setup, and while I'm happy with all of my equipment, I may have made a different buying choice with more information about how the posture would effect the games.

Just my two cents Smile

Messages In This Thread
Neck pinching while looking up - by ScoWalt - 02-12-2020, 04:14 PM
RE: Neck pinching while looking up - by emalafeew - 02-12-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Neck pinching while looking up - by ScoWalt - 02-12-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Neck pinching while looking up - by emalafeew - 02-12-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: Neck pinching while looking up - by ScoWalt - 02-21-2020, 11:37 PM