Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head tracking not working on Quest
I’ve been having serious problems with head tracking on my Quest since just before Christmas. My problems definitely were at the Oculus level, because I’d lose tracking in the home environment and other apps, not just Explorer. It just hit all of a sudden, and mine was a release-day unit that had worked fine until then.

I tried factory resets - several of them - to no avail. I contacted Oculus support, and they exchanged the unit for me. The replacement unit worked for about an hour before starting to exhibit the same problems. Now, however, after a factory reset, I could no longer find/pair my controllers. Another session with support resulted in another replacement which I’m waiting on.

Oculus support has been great, even though it’s been frustrating to not have a working unit for almost a month. Fingers crossed that the third one’s the charm.

I have to wonder if any recent Oculus software updates have caused some wonkiness in tracking that affects certain units or under certain conditions. I’d been using it in the same room under the same lighting for six months, so who knows.

Messages In This Thread
Head tracking not working on Quest - by TwinFeats - 01-10-2020, 03:46 PM
RE: Head tracking not working on Quest - by surfous - 01-19-2020, 01:03 AM