Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell us about yourself
Hello,

Am 28 year old medical resident. I often dont have the physical or emotional energy to head to the gym or get on a consistent exercise regimen.  I used to be an avid fitness enthusiast/recreational sport athlete in college but that dropped off somewhere in the beginning of medical school. I gained 60 pounds since and entered a state of depression. A large part of my identity was that I was a fit athlete but I felt like studying during medical school and then the rigourous life of being a resident has made that difficult. With VZfit, I feel like working out is fun for me again.  I like to keep track of my heart rate with a smartwatch and I am always surprised how I can consistently keep myself in a moderate to vigrourous intensity zone for an hour. The games dont make it feel like I'm exercising because I am having so much fun, a feeling I feel that I havent had in almost 5 years. I look forward to exercising when I come home and the competitive side of me can't wait to climb the leaderboards. It also has me watching what I eat and adopting a weight lifting regimen so I can have better performance in the games! I would just like to say thank you to all the creators for this. I am more hopeful in regards to my overall fitness and can't wait to see how this company evolves and what plans you have for the future.

Thank you again.
Welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your story, that's exactly what we created VZfit for, and we're excited to keep extending it for everyone. A bit of fun exercise a day has a way of keeping your mind on healthy things!
Hello Everyone

I'm 57 years old and need to lose a few pounds. I was considering going the Peloton route and buying the bike and paying the $35 a month fee but was hesitant given the cost and the possibility I might not really use it. When I heard about VZFit I jumped onboard and ordered an Oculus Quest, a cheap stationary bike with a nice big cushiony seat and started riding. I've been at it for about a month and really love VZFit. I average two rides a day either playing a game or riding in explorer. I can't wait to see what VZFit comes up with next. Thank you for creating this. It's the first time I've owned an exercise bike that didn't end up in a closet after two weeks :)
I'm 57 and have enjoyed the VRZoom since its start. I decided to try the VRFit. I've been terribly disappointed with how difficult it is to get the device to work. There is too many hoops I have to jump through and each time the system has failed and support had to get involved. I guess its back to support again.
Hi, I am Hanne, 50 yo, from The Netherlands. Got a Quest, bought a secondhand recumbent Schwinn, bought a wahoo sensor, and am almost ready to go!

Very excited!

Small thing before I can hook up everything. The Schwinn makes noise, so I want to oil it. Don't know what to use for that. Any tips?

Greetings!
Hey Hanne!
Depending on where it's making noise 3 in ONE oil is my go to. The hardest part is usually figuring out where the noise is coming from!
(05-13-2020, 05:18 PM)Snowpelt Wrote: Hey Hanne!
Depending on where it's making noise 3 in ONE oil is my go to. The hardest part is usually figuring out where the noise is coming from!

Installed the apps and the sensor yesterday evening, and it went very easy and fast, in 5 minutes everything worked like a dream. No problems whatsoever! The Wahoo sensor works fine!
Here 32 years old boy, from Spain but living in UK. I first discovered this VZFit about two weeks ago when I was over the internet looking for a solution or a way to use VR gear with exercise, and I found that this was Exactly what I was looking for. I work in a hospital environment with very long shifts therefore joining a local gym with my working patterns is a little bit difficult. I ordered one cadence sensor recomended on your webpage and I started enjoying rides. At the moment works wonderful and I am still surprised how well you feel that you are really doing the routes.
My VZFit came today and I got all connected.  So far it looks great, I am hoping that on the Explorer app there is opportunity to go to different countries and ride, like Scotland.  I am 61 years old and needed a boost to get on my stationary bike.  I think this may fit the bill.  It looks like it will be fun and I like that it keeps track of my progress for me.
(05-24-2020, 12:34 AM)Beren Wrote: My VZFit came today and I got all connected.  So far it looks great, I am hoping that on the Explorer app there is opportunity to go to different countries and ride, like Scotland.  I am 61 years old and needed a boost to get on my stationary bike.  I think this may fit the bill.  It looks like it will be fun and I like that it keeps track of my progress for me.

Hey Beren, 

Scotland has pretty good google maps coverage. Just put in a starting location to ride there. I would recommend Attadale as a start location and Achnasheen as an end location.

You can also just put in a starting location and explore.

I  have a Scotland Ride I have been working on getting through that I can share the KML file with you to upload and ride as a user created ride and that part of the road is on it.