Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom ride creation on vzfit.com
Running into some problems. I created a route in Google and exported it as a KML file. But when I try to upload it, I get this error message:

no such child: {http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2}Placemark

Any ideas what this could be?
Yes I believe you exported “Entire map” instead of picking just the layer you made. Try exporting just that layer, and if that doesn’t work can you post the Kml file here?
Hi, when I try to post my first ride, I get an error that just says " 'Location'". I'll try to upload my .kml file...

Attached Files
.zip   Directions from 1 Hart Plaza, Detroit, MI 48226, USA to 2670 Atwater St, Detroit, MI 48207, USA.zip (Size: 5.29 KB / Downloads: 1)
(12-14-2019, 09:17 PM)bmcoffice Wrote: Hi, when I try to post my first ride, I get an error that just says " 'Location'". I'll try to upload my .kml file...

Ah, when looking up the starting location for your ride Google didn't return a field I was expecting.  I'm fixing now to default to "Unknown", will let know when to try again.
(12-14-2019, 09:48 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(12-14-2019, 09:17 PM)bmcoffice Wrote: Hi, when I try to post my first ride, I get an error that just says " 'Location'". I'll try to upload my .kml file...

Ah, when looking up the starting location for your ride Google didn't return a field I was expecting.  I'm fixing now to default to "Unknown", will let know when to try again.

Okay you're all set!  I tested importing your ride and worked fine.
Thanks, emalafeew for the incredible speedy resolution! It worked for me as well. Now my ride for tomorrow morning is set! :-)
can someone tell me why my uploaded Map does not register any speed or mileage? I have ridden about half of it and it does seem to work OK but  is always at 100% and 0 Miles even after about 10 miles of riding. Thanks Ray
You would see that if it thinks you already completed the ride! After you go through the gate we let you keep riding in "free ride" mode for as long as you want at 100%

This can happen right away with rides that begin and end at the same location. We don't support such loops yet, to fix the end should come before the start by at least 10 meters.

If that doesn't apply to your ride, tell me the name and I'll look into it!
(03-30-2020, 08:52 PM)Utegra Wrote: can someone tell me why my uploaded Map does not register any speed or mileage? I have ridden about half of it and it does seem to work OK but  is always at 100% and 0 Miles even after about 10 miles of riding.
I moved the start and finish apart and it fixed the issue.
Thanks
(04-12-2020, 12:47 PM)Utegra Wrote: I moved the start and finish apart and it fixed the issue.
Thanks

Awesome glad that worked!