Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Distortion improvement progress
(12-13-2019, 09:11 PM)emalafeew Wrote: At the pace of our tuning and optimization it should be ready for early January release.  

Here are two 360 comparison videos going by the Eiffel tower on a boat.  The "new" video is with our projected images, the "old" video is with our morphed images.  Drag your mouse as they are playing to look in all directions.

New: https://vimeo.com/379347378
Old: https://vimeo.com/379347161

This comparison highlights that where an image doesn't have depth information, it appears frozen in the old method.  So the first benefit you'll notice is the water moves naturally in the new method, because Streetview rides along rivers and hiking trails don't have depth information except right under the path they travel.  The second benefit you'll notice is the tower actually moves relative to the boat, because Streetview rides don't contain depth information outside of 100 feet, and the tower in these shots is over 500 feet away.

In a future comparison we'll show other benefits of the new method, such as no "stretchy" areas or broken up horizons, as well as some places where you'd want to keep the old method.

Sincerely good luck on your recovery sypder!
Scary thing is that I was riding an exercise bike when I had the heart attack (not doing VZfit though).
(12-15-2019, 07:53 AM)spyder17 Wrote: Scary thing is that I was riding an exercise bike when I had the heart attack (not doing VZfit though).
If you need to take it easy, remember you can lower the Difficulty above the HUD to pedal slower for the same virtual speed. That can also be useful if you like working out on higher resistances.
When I go fast with my bike on roads it goes under the roads why is this?
(01-01-2020, 04:06 PM)zoomer Wrote: When I go fast with my bike on roads it goes under the roads why is this?

Hey Zoomer,
What difficulty setting did you have it on and is this only a specific ride or all of them?
(01-01-2020, 11:17 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 04:06 PM)zoomer Wrote: When I go fast with my bike on roads it goes under the roads why is this?

Hey Zoomer,
What difficulty setting did you have it on and is this only a specific ride or all of them?

I have it on 5 I do believe that is the one they most start out on.
Hi Zoomer,

You may be "outrunning" the stream of Streetview images. That shouldn't happen you have consistent network bandwidth of 3 Mbps, which is equal to the minimum required by Netflix. But even if you don't, you should only see more stretching since we skip Streetview images to match your available bandwidth, rather than go under the road.

If you go to fast.com with a phone or computer on the same network, does it report 3 Mbps or better?

Also does it seem like Streetview images are keeping up but your viewpoint is just under the road?
I’m very excited that new version of explorer is coming. I watched the video and it looks amazing.
Today I tried to ride together with my father-in-law in one of the Towns in Lithuania. Every time he or I tried to click on other persons name to ride together it was kicking out of the other person from Virzoom.
That was the first time we tried to use this feature to ride together. Maybe we did not configure something properly.
(01-05-2020, 11:12 PM)Superlith Wrote: I’m very excited that new version of explorer is coming. I watched the video and it looks amazing.
Today I tried to ride together with my father-in-law in one of  the Towns in Lithuania. Every time he or I tried to click on other persons name to ride together it was kicking out of the other person from Virzoom.
That was the first time we tried to use this feature to ride together. Maybe we did not configure something properly.

We can retest this today, but it might have to do with the precise ride parameters, could you tell me which of your rides you're trying?
(01-06-2020, 05:08 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 11:12 PM)Superlith Wrote: I’m very excited that new version of explorer is coming. I watched the video and it looks amazing.
Today I tried to ride together with my father-in-law in one of  the Towns in Lithuania. Every time he or I tried to click on other persons name to ride together it was kicking out of the other person from Virzoom.

We can retest this today, but it might have to do with the precise ride parameters, could you tell me which of your rides you're trying?

We discovered a bug if you try to matchup with another ride who's creating an open-ended ride.  Have fixed that for next build, is it possible that covers your case?
Sorry for the wait, it's taken longer due to a variety of robustness, visual, and performance problems. But we're now very close to having the new City mode ready for release. Here’s what to expect!

City mode will join the existing Comfort mode and Country mode, as we’ve decided to call the current default. It uses “Pokémon go” like square buildings to receive the projections of street view images, which minimizes the distortion you see on buildings. It has virtual roads that cover up car distortion on the real roads. And we made the street view image lighter in the sky (anywhere that’s not building or ground) to minimize overhangs that don’t move like the road and therefore seem too large.

These three features mostly benefit cities where there are lot of buildings and overhangs and cars on the road. It should feel more comfortable than Country mode not only from lesser distortion, but also because the roads are level so you won’t feel height changes or ever float above or go under them.

On the flip side, City mode won’t have any of the precise road and roadside details and depth that Country mode will still offer. It you tried City mode on a ride like Arches National Park you’d miss out on much of its grandeur. We’re also keeping Comfort mode because it’s still useful for those with strong reactions to VR motion, but we hope that many of its current users will like City mode as a middle solution.

A final note is that since these modes all have differences in movement, when you matchup with other online riders you will be forced to their mode while you are together. Thanks for everyone that’s been waiting for this feature.