Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game breaking bug on some explorer rides
I created my first Explorer ride today, on the moors near where I live, Princetown to Widecombe. That's a 10 mile route across Dartmoor in my home county of Devon, England.

It worked pretty well. There was some distortion of close up objects by the side of the road but when it was open moorland it looked great, even allowing for parallax when i turned my head to the side, grass and walls nearby whizzing past whilst the distant hills and tors not moving. It was a really neat effect.

I got almost 90% of the way through when the dot freeze happened again. There were a couple of junctions where it looked like there was a single dot going in either direction so maybe I took a wrong turn or something. Anyway it didn't break completely, I was able to manually turn 180 degrees by tilting my head. I rode through a blue screen for a couple seconds before rejoining the white dots and was able to ride back the way I had come. I was planning a 30 minute ride and the bug occurred about 26 minutes in so I just cycled a few minutes back the direction I came and then exited out.

Overall for a route created instantly on the fly it was really enjoyable. 10 miles is the perfect length for me at the moment and I used the controls on my bike to increase wattage from 90 watts downhill up to 120 going uphill. Super fun workout considering cycling is probably my least favourite exercise activity.

Anyway on to questions;
1) Do you think the dot freeze might be because i went the wrong way at a junction and so was going away from my destination? It was country lanes with no road signs I could read so don't know if I went the wrong way or not.

2) For rides I've started and that are at like 7% or something, can I reset to start from the beginning?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game breaking bug on some explorer rides - by KevinBrook - 10-27-2019, 10:56 PM