Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please confirm compatibility
Hi, I bought the original Virzoom bike and used it for a while with the Vive but I ended up selling the Vive and the bike has been collecting dust ever since. And I've been getting less fit ever since.  

I've ordered the Quest and would love to resurrect the bike but I'm really out of touch with what Virzoom do these days.  I've just been reading about the ZFit and it sounds perfect but I live in the UK so I want to make sure before I order.

Can somebody please confirm that the ZFit works with the original Virzoom bike and I'll be able to connect them myself?  I'm reasonably techy.  I logged into my old account and it says "You have a lifetime VZfit Sensor Kit license." so that sounds hopeful for something or other!

Regards
John.
Hi John,

Welcome back! We actually sent an email out about this with many of the answers you seek. Instead of writing a really long message off the cuff, I'll link to a hosted version of it here.

https://mailchi.mp/0bda784d9e74/virzoom-...-and-vzfit

If there's anything that doesn't answer for you, please let us know.
Thank you for the quick and informative reply. I must have missed that email somehow. I became aware of the VZfit yesterday when a Google alert I have set for Oculus Quest, mentioned VirZOOM etc.
I already own an Oculus Go with the Quest is on order. I was gobsmacked that the bike already works with the Go and I had forgotten the bike is wireless. I quickly redeemed the two codes, downloaded the apps to the Go, the bike firmware automatically updated and I was using the new apps within minutes. My legs now feel like jelly! As you can tell I am very pleased with the outcome and look forward to using VZfit on the Quest.
The Explorer app is great and clearly has huge potential as technology improves. I have a couple of questions.
Do you need to keep the Go controller on your wrist to exit an app? It would be nice to do that either from within an app or using one of the many buttons on the bike. Will that be the same for the Quest?
I see FitBit mentioned, is there any plan to integrate Apple Watch? Or for Android people an Android Watch?

Lastly, well done to VirZOOM for achieving all this and for supporting early adopters. It must have been difficult to sell the bikes in high volume and this opens up a huge market to you, both consumers and fitness centres. I expect the Quest to sell in vast numbers compared to the Rift and the Vive and many of those people will be like me, chasing ever elusive fitness and willing to try anything that may help.

One very minor complaint that says more about me than anything. I don’t like the Scottish accent within the experiences. I love the Scottish accent but for me it just does not work in these experiences. Much of that is from memory of the old software as I’m yet to look at much that is new so perhaps it has changed. There was just something about it that made me depressed. I’d rather have an uplifting US accent of some kind. I’m happy to accept that’s just me!

John.
Thank you for the quick and informative reply. I must have missed that email somehow. I became aware of the VZfit yesterday when a Google alert I have set for Oculus Quest, mentioned VirZOOM etc.
I already own an Oculus Go with the Quest is on order. I was gobsmacked that the bike already works with the Go and I had forgotten the bike is wireless. I quickly redeemed the two codes, downloaded the apps to the Go, the bike firmware automatically updated and I was using the new apps within minutes. My legs now feel like jelly! As you can tell I am very pleased with the outcome and look forward to using VZfit on the Quest.
The Explorer app is great and clearly has huge potential as technology improves. I have a couple of questions.
Do you need to keep the Go controller on your wrist to exit an app? It would be nice to do that either from within an app or using one of the many buttons on the bike. Will that be the same for the Quest?
I see FitBit mentioned, is there any plan to integrate Apple Watch? Or for Android people an Android Watch?

Lastly, well done to VirZOOM for achieving all this and for supporting early adopters. It must have been difficult to sell the bikes in high volume and this opens up a huge market to you, both consumers and fitness centres. I expect the Quest to sell in vast numbers compared to the Rift and the Vive and many of those people will be like me, chasing ever elusive fitness and willing to try anything that may help.

One very minor complaint that says more about me than anything. I don’t like the Scottish accent within the experiences. I love the Scottish accent but for me it just does not work in these experiences. Much of that is from memory of the old software as I’m yet to look at much that is new so perhaps it has changed. There was just something about it that made me depressed. I’d rather have an uplifting US accent of some kind. I’m happy to accept that’s just me!

John.
I think there is an exit option in the menus, but I just grab the Go controller and use that to exit. Originally I left the controller hanging from the handlebars, but found the battery ran down real fast; I presume it can't go to sleep when it's hanging there and constantly moving. Now I put it on my chair next to the bike so it can sleep.
Thank you. Interesting point about movement and the controller battery. I think your simple suggestion is the best way to go.
Hi John,

The voice you're hearing is from Manchester, England. I'll let him know that his Scottish impression is quite good. Smile

One development that we're keeping an eye on at Oculus is their announcement of an upcoming voice assistant. For a period of time they had some version of voice-enabled features in beta, but shut that down before we had a chance to test it. Ideally, whatever they release in the coming months allows for launching and exiting our app without needing the controller at all. And even better would be the ability to live stream or screen capture in our apps via voice too.

If we hear something about that we'll let everyone know.
I seem to recall a brief period of overlap between when VZ Fit Play & Explorer were launched, and before the old voice feature was removed.

I could never get it to launch either VZ app, because it kept trying to recognize whole words when I said "V" and "Z". Tongue Hopefully the new system they're working on is better about that sort of thing! (And hopefully it will allow users to skip over the "recenter controller" screen altogether; then we won't have to pick the controller up at all, when starting a Virzoom session!)
I did life tank event yesterday and noticed that bonus points of 100 not adding after you collect all Gems. Can you please check on that
Will do!