Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe the $10 per month subscription is way too expensive
Hi, I just wanted to give my opinion on your product. I find the idea of paying for a subscription $10 after paying for a device almost what a triple A videogame costs really absurd and the fact that you limit access even to the games in the free version is inexplicable. I could somehow understand limiting access to the virtual rides but the games should be accessible at your leisure, especially in an historical moment line the one we are living . Just giving my opinion
It is an absolute *bargain* compared to some of the others out there (e.g. Peleton).
Agree with Stain2319. Almost all the fitness products have subscriptions now to use their products and most are $50 to $75 a month. Got with the annual and it drops to about $8/mo.
Appreciate the feedback, and we understand that subscriptions are not for everyone. In response to feedback we did adjust the price from $15 to $10 monthly and add the free tier last year, so we are listening.  The subscription goes directly towards us improving and releasing more content for the VZfit platform. You can look at our updates over the last year here: Updates.  A few of the major updates this year include 4 new games added to VZfit Play, multiplayer with voice chat added to both Apps, Trainer added to Explorer, City Mode and Comfort Mode added to Explorer.

One thing I would like to address is the hardware Purchase. I understand that feeling that you are having to pay twice, but we are just trying to cover our costs on the hardware side. We are a small company and as such having our custom sensors and buttons producef is more expensive than it would be for someone who mass produces them.  We recently opened VZfit up to third party sensors to help people out who already own a sensor or are looking to try to get in the door cheaper.

We also did extend a free month to all of our users because of the current situation with COVID-19 your welcome to read that here if you hadn't seen it: A Message from our CEO
One suggestion, have the rotating free game change weekly and have it match the event for that week. That way the individuals with the free can compete with the paid users and feel more involved and might be more inclined to purchase a subscription.
(04-02-2020, 06:04 AM)spyder17 Wrote: One suggestion, have the rotating free game change weekly and have it match the event for that week.  That way the individuals with the free can compete with the paid users and feel more involved and might be more inclined to purchase a subscription.

I like that idea.

Regarding the subscription, $10 feels very reasonable to me for such a niche product and some consumers just have no idea of the costs involved in running a company like this. I mean the number of people who care about VR is still unfortunately tiny, the number of people who have a Quest and an interest in fitness, and an exercise bike, and a desire to connect the two cannot be very many at all. So how would Virzoom even run and fund development without a subscription? I'm guessing they also have to pay a commercial license to use Google Streetview as well with the Explorer app.
Hi. I was impress on how quickly my questions were answered. Thanks. I have another question. I do have a free premium that expires in two days. Because of the vivid 19, would my credit card only charge next month or in two days? Thanks again.
Just confirmed your first payment is due on 4/16, but is for $0.00 due to the credit on your account. First actual charge would be 5/16.