Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A tutorial video 'Intro to using the SDK' would be great!
I used to tinker with development and would love to use the SDK. It would be extremely helpful if there was a tutorial video on some of the basics!
I don't work for Virzoom but I've been messing with Unity and the SDK myself lately and I actually thought about throwing something together to help others get started. Now that I know there is someone else interested, that may just be the motivation I needed...
(04-07-2020, 09:06 AM)Stain2319 Wrote: I don't work for Virzoom but I've been messing with Unity and the SDK myself lately and I actually thought about throwing something together to help others get started.  Now that I know there is someone else interested, that may just be the motivation I needed...

I would be interested also. Thanks in advance.
Great! I'll try to put something together this week, I've got some extra time after today.
I put together a very quick and dirty video for getting started with the SDK.  

This covers the very basics - installing the SDK and getting it up and running and testing out a build on your Oculus headset.

I will be producing another video which goes over how to customize things - but I would appreciate any feedback on this video in terms of whether it was helpful, and/or whether following the video enabled you to complete the process of deploying and testing a sample app.

This is great Smile added it to our community videos on youtube. May added it to the SDK page as well if you don't mind.
I do not mind! Smile
thanks Stain, you have an excellent narration voice. Your video was very helpful and probably saved me many frustrating hours of screwing with it to get the SDK up and running.
Thanks! In my next video I am going to show how to easily replace the default bike avatar and add terrain. I hope to be able to publish it tomorrow.
OK - here is video #2 showing how to quickly create a new avatar and make some terrain.  Hopefully someone finds this helpful!