Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VZfit Explorer Feedback
I purchased the Oculus Quest and the VZfit only in order to use VIRZoom Explorer. I was not aware that it was a beta application. In every ride selection I took the ride crashed with distortion and a blue screen on and off during the ride, which made me feel a little sick. While I’m happy with the Oculus and I had great hope for your program, I will not be renewing my subscription to VIRZoom until this is corrected.
Hi Joselito, sorry for your experience. The usual cause of blue screens is insufficient bandwidth to Streetview servers, in order to get images as fast as you are pedaling. If the problem is something else we'll do everything possible to correct it. Would you please email support@virzoom.com and help us diagnose it?
(12-03-2019, 10:21 AM)Arctos Wrote: - It would be nice to be able to switch from miles to km in the overlay
- I would love to name the rides. Something like "Shark Bay turnoff to Monkey Mia" would be nicer then the generic "Hamlin Pool Ride #X"
- It would be great if you could prepare the rides on a map at the PC. Entering the coordinates in VR is inconvenient.
- And finally, I assume the whole process for the rendering of the 360° pictures on the 3D landscape is very complicated and I fully understand that there will be artifacts especially with close objects, but the only thing really bothering me, is the "bumps" in the horizon, especially while riding along the sea (e.g. @ -26.4173134,114.0423337). those rides would be much more relaxing if I didn't have to fear Tsunamis all the time :-).

The Explorer build update today supports your top three requests. 

You'll find "Show miles/Show km" toggle on the Options menu, which will affect everywhere we show ride distance in the game.

You can prepare rides on PC and name them using vzfit.com/explorer/upload_kml

As for horizon bumps (and Tsunamis!) those will not be problems with our new method of image projection. We'll be releasing it as an option after we finish tuning and optimizing, probably early January.
(12-08-2019, 01:27 PM)emalafeew Wrote: Hi Joselito, sorry for your experience.  The usual cause of blue screens is insufficient bandwidth to Streetview servers, in order to get images as fast as you are pedaling.  If the problem is something else we'll do everything possible to correct it.  Would you please email support@virzoom.com and help us diagnose it?

Thank You
I've been using Explorer for a few weeks and love the experience. Here are some suggestions for future updates:

- Allow the HUD to be hidden completely (maybe make the compass button only visible when looking down).
- Allow rides with comfort mode on without the rider avatar showing.
- I know this is a lot to ask, but allow user to select start and end points on a map from within the Explorer app.

Best,

Bruce
(01-07-2020, 03:10 AM)bcmansfield Wrote: I've been using Explorer for a few weeks and love the experience. Here are some suggestions for future updates:

- Allow the HUD to be hidden completely (maybe make the compass button only visible when looking down).
- I know this is a lot to ask, but allow user to select start and end points on a map from within the Explorer app.

Hey Bruce, thanks for the suggestions!

1. I like the idea of being able to hide the HUD--we could turn our "Low HUD" option into a "Normal HUD/Low HUD/No HUD" option

2. This would be possible, but could cause confusion because even though the avatar doesn't look like it's moving, it's still giving you feedback on how much you are pedaling and turning, because you are still responsible for following the road dots.  We can try it and see.

3. Showing your route on a map like Wander is in our backlog.  But did you know you can do this now outside the game, using a PC or phone to plot your own rides using Google My Maps?  There's a thread about it here https://forums.vzfit.com/showthread.php?tid=138
(01-07-2020, 05:19 PM)emalafeew Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 03:10 AM)bcmansfield Wrote: I've been using Explorer for a few weeks and love the experience. Here are some suggestions for future updates:

Hey Bruce, thanks for the suggestions!

1. I like the idea of being able to hide the HUD--we could turn our "Low HUD" option into a "Normal HUD/Low HUD/No HUD" option

2. This would be possible, but could cause confusion because even though the avatar doesn't look like it's moving, it's still giving you feedback on how much you are pedaling and turning, because you are still responsible for following the road dots.  We can try it and see.

3. Showing your route on a map like Wander is in our backlog.  But did you know you can do this now outside the game, using a PC or phone to plot your own rides using Google My Maps?  There's a thread about it here https://forums.vzfit.com/showthread.php?tid=138

Thank you for the quick reply. One more suggestion:
- Add a feature to create a ride starting in a random location on the planet. This might be a fun way to explore new routes.

Bruce
(01-09-2020, 11:04 PM)bcmansfield Wrote: Thank you for the quick reply. One more suggestion:
- Add a feature to create a ride starting in a random location on the planet. This might be a fun way to explore new routes.

That's a cool idea. A couple websites can do that now, seems like they pick a random lat/lon and cross-ref with available Streetview locations. We'd additionally want to check that you land on a path rather than singular locations.
bcmansfield Wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. One more suggestion:

Bruce

I love this idea! Yes please!

bcmansfield Wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. One more suggestion:

Bruce

I love this idea! Yes please!
Not sure if this is on your radar already but it would be nice if a ride always made sure you were facing the next white dot at the very beginning. I created one (Strada Provinciale) and when I first rode it, I thought something was wrong/stuck. Turned out the dots were 180 degrees behind me and I had to turn all the way around in order to get going.