Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our next update
Would be so nice to have friend challenges like we had on old Virzoom.
The only leaderboard that I follow now is on spins, but that is boring.
Leaderboards on every particular game are chopped into small pieces. I don’t even look at that anymore.
All I used to care is just to look at these leaderboard’s on every game and see how well I’m doing for that week.
It is essentially gone.
Virzoom now is certainly is less exciting then it used to be. it is sad.
(10-26-2019, 07:46 PM)Superlith Wrote: Would be so nice to have friend challenges like we had on old Virzoom.
The only leaderboard that I follow now is on spins, but that is boring.
Leaderboards on every particular game are chopped into small pieces. I don’t even look at that anymore.
All I used to care is just to look at these leaderboard’s on every game and see how well I’m doing for that week.
It is essentially gone.
Virzoom now is certainly is less exciting then it used to be. it is sad.

I agree 100%. Its super sad.
Yeah I love Eagles flight too and find I can play it while riding my virZoom bike. Granted the pedaling isn’t really doing anything in the game but it works with the feeling of motion. It’s a little confusing switching between leaning to control in the zoom games vs. tilting your head at first.

I wish there were some kind of mount for the PS controller on the handle bars or the built in nandlebar controls could be used. That would make the bike more adaptable to a variety of games.
Having come from Zwift, the things that are really missing are the ability to interact with my other equipment. I do have a smart trainer and don't necessarily need games and explore to change the tension on my trainer, though that would be the ultimate. It would be great if I could see at least my heart rate and cadence. You should easily be able to add cadence since this is what your sensor measures. Heart rate straps are pretty universal, so it would be nice if your equipment could read and display my heart rate. Going a step further, it would be nice to interact with my Garmin sensors to give me a true speed.
Could you design a game like the old arcade game by NAMCO titled "Prop Cycle" You might even buy the rights to the title.

https://primetimeamusements.com/product/prop-cycle/

Attached Files
.pdf   Prop_cycle_flyer.pdf (Size: 444.55 KB / Downloads: 2)
(12-24-2019, 04:12 PM)Phoenix Wrote: Having come from Zwift, the things that are really missing are the ability to interact with my other equipment.  I do have a smart trainer and don't necessarily need games and explore to change the tension on my trainer, though that would be the ultimate.  It would be great if I could see at least my heart rate and cadence.  You should easily be able to add cadence since this is what your sensor measures.  Heart rate straps are pretty universal, so it would be nice if your equipment could read and display my heart rate.  Going a step further, it would be nice to interact with my Garmin sensors to give me a true speed.

Totally understand wanting those extra bits of information and it is something we have been talking about trying to pull in.  In the scenario you describe here your thinking of having our sensor and your smart trainer at the same time right?  Just want to clarify for adding it to our feedback list.

Thanks!
(12-25-2019, 12:28 AM)Phickers Wrote: Could you design a game like the old arcade game by NAMCO titled "Prop Cycle" You might even buy the rights to the title.

https://primetimeamusements.com/product/prop-cycle/

That game looks pretty cool! Looks very similar in concept to Gem hunt, but with just a different theme.  Will be sure to add it to our list of future concepts Smile
(12-25-2019, 08:04 PM)Snowpelt Wrote:
(12-24-2019, 04:12 PM)Phoenix Wrote: Having come from Zwift, the things that are really missing are the ability to interact with my other equipment.  I do have a smart trainer and don't necessarily need games and explore to change the tension on my trainer, though that would be the ultimate.  It would be great if I could see at least my heart rate and cadence.  You should easily be able to add cadence since this is what your sensor measures.  Heart rate straps are pretty universal, so it would be nice if your equipment could read and display my heart rate.  Going a step further, it would be nice to interact with my Garmin sensors to give me a true speed.

Totally understand wanting those extra bits of information and it is something we have been talking about trying to pull in.  In the scenario you describe here your thinking of having our sensor and your smart trainer at the same time right?  Just want to clarify for adding it to our feedback list.

Thanks!

Phoenix refers to using our sensor at least to measure cadence. Phoenix, we show your instantaneous pedaling rpm in our HUD already, is that what you mean by cadence or something else?

With respect to heart rate, we still show it when connected to our original VZ Bike. To show with standalone heart rate sensors, we need to do the research to see if most Bluetooth heart rate sensors support the same “profile”. We can start by looking at the Garmin profile if that’s most popular.
Any plans to re-introduce clear leader boards
for each game weekly? It worked so well on
old Virzoom. It was huge motivator to use VIrzoom.
If you really don’t want them to be
seen by everyone you can make an option in
the settings or directly in Oculus to click the box to see Weekly updated leaderboard’s clearly on the screen every time
you finish the exercise.
That would replace weekly events and would be much better since it would be for every single game , every week and you can choose the one you like. every week competition would start from zero. No need to store the data. Every week everyone will have a chance to be a champion.
I remember playing certain game again and again to improve my score. It is huge motivation to exercise and to use Virzoom.
Please, please consider it again!!!!!!!!!!!
I was hooked on Virzoom for 2 1/2 years, and I am losing interest now since most important motivator - dynamic competition is gone. It is sad , but I’m sure i’m not the only one drifting away from Virzoom
Happy New Years everyone! We're back and working hard on VZfit improvements.

We'll finally be introducing "City Mode" for Explorer, which is the new way of rendering images that will look better primarily in cities. We had targeted early January but it's now looking like end of January.

Also by the end of January, we're on track to bring the "Keep Flying" game to Play! Our old VirZOOM Arcade customers will remember it as our most challenging Pegasus game. You fly over tree tops to eat apples and gems to give you enough energy to keep flying. The reason we can finally bring this to the Oculus Go & Quest is an efficient way of drawing the thousands of trees necessary. Those will also make Pegasus canyon look better for the other two games.