Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating & Importing Custom Maps
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it as such and I know that the problem is more to do with the way Google My Maps works than with VZFit, it would just be a bit easier to create custom maps if we didn't have to have the directions side of it as a requirement and instead you could just drop pins or something or import other GPX or KML maps from elsewhere.

I think the issue with my "No such child" error was because I was trying to import maps that didn't have A to B directions and where just custom routes. I always import the single layer rather then the entire map.

As you said, for the time being it's best to just break up the long routes into smaller sections and I have had to just accept Google's quirks where it is constantly trying to get you to use the roads it wants you to use (sometimes even when I drag a section of the pre-determined route to use a specific road I want, it still snaps back to the default route/road).

In Google My Maps you can't specify for it to avoid highways specifically but you can select whether it's a driving, cycling or walking route. It still tends to use a lot of roads you wouldn't normally ride on (even if they aren't highways, they can still be extremely busy and dangerous roads not normally used by bikes). I know the danger and busy aspect doesn't matter in this instance as it's just a virtual world but sometimes you can wind up riding on the equivalent of a highway for miles and miles when I would rather be on country roads.

It is what it is and it's the only/best thing out there that allows you to ride Google Street View in VR at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-16-2021, 05:51 PM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by Shon_T - 03-17-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-18-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-19-2021, 10:09 AM
RE: Creating & Importing Custom Maps - by AfxTwn - 03-20-2021, 07:51 PM